Author Topic: Tero Vido  (Read 5610 times)

tninja

Tero Vido
« on: July 29, 2019, 06:28:36 PM »
Company "Tero Vido"... Absolutely ZILCH for customer service. Don't expect to reach a living soul by phone and expect to wait over a week for an email response if you ever receive one at all. I purchased the Expander and the thing came to me totally defective. The probe extends out very slanted to the right, a huge problem for a directional instrument. There was also a deep scratch coming from under one of the buttons on the upper metal portion. They tried to cover it up with a magic marker. For crying out loud! The CEO is now ignoring my calls and emails. WTF man, total waste of money

Normally you could hold it in a way that would let gravity center the instrument over the surface of the ground and the buried object. In this case I have to eyeball the angle of the extended probe to make sure its aiming downward in a right degree angle. It creates a major problem when you're attempting to create a visualization of the object because you have to walk at exactly the same pace for each line and hold the probe at exactly the same angle. With a bent probe good luck to you. The product is a disgrace. But receiving such a poorly manufactured product was just the climax of a nightmare experience I've had with this company since the day my payment cleared in to their bank account. Trust me guys... Don't waste your hard earned cash on this garbage

If I am an American living in the Philippines and this product was produced and shipped from a German company then what kind of options do I have as far as taking legal action? Anyone know?

The product wasn't cheap. I paid over $4000 for it. The CEO just blocked me on Whatsapp after I asked for an update on getting a replacement.

This guy Eric Koester, the CEO of Tero Vido, he is a scum bag. I should have known he would do this. He was a manager at OKM for 7 years before stealing their designs and leaving the company to form Tero Vido. These devices are copies of the OKM units but look like they've been manufactured in someone's garage in China. I'm telling you guys, stay away from this company unless you want to take a big hit.

I suspect the photo below of Eric Koester CEO of Tero Vido (left) I found on his Facebook page is meant for people like me. Its a sad world we live in folks. Don't be as foolish as I was.

tninja

Re: Tero Vido
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 03:14:39 AM »
Since the CEO of this company has put me on his ignore list and I don't really have the time or will to pursue legal action, I am going to correct the issue myself by building a new casing for the probe so I can have something that is perfectly straight and rigid. I'd like to share what I'm seeing as I take this thing apart. The bottom of the barrel craftsmanship is astounding. You'd think for $4000 these people could at least use decent materials or say, drill a decent hole for example. Nothing but that little screw and some electrical tape was holding the top metal portion to the PVC pipe casing for the probe. No wonder it felt so loose.

tninja

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 03:16:19 AM »
More

Offline fom1113

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 04:08:30 AM »
 Maybe they knew that you are about to use it in a YT site. I believe they are aware that YT is stealth to all GPR based scanning devices so even if they replace it with a freshly made unit it won't function well.
 Corrugated materials are absorbing radar signals, the most effective radar absorbent is mud which is also corrugated. Stealth jet has a mm thick coating of this yet able to evade radar infested territory. Ww2 German U-Boat painted by matte black radar absorbent paint became stealth too. What more in a yt site? Mud was intentionally poured in in a multiple layering techniques. The most cruel to radar based gadgets are pure white mud (paste of calcium carbonate) and pure black mud (tar) that totally cuts the signal and will not return back for analyzation. Not to mention gray mud, brown paste mud, green mud and artificial limestone (palanas in tagalog). So bad for people relying on gadgets because radar based gadgets will show negative results to plenty of positive sites. Use it in any rocky terrain or shallow seaside sites, it may give you a 100% accuracy reading.

If you think this idea is inaccurate just ignore it. The source is from an engineering report in an oil exploration in the US saying GPR are useless to locate vast oil deposits.
Failures made them perfect yet perfect are generous to make themselves masters of their knowledge!

Offline Goldenwarrior72

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 05:32:44 AM »
Can't say I'm surprised to hear that, But am sorry for your troubles. I too know how frustrating it can be to spend thousands on these kinds of equipments, only to find they're made by some back alley swindlers looking for the fast buck.  I had that happen to me with a company called  DRS. they pose as German to try and mirror companies like OKM, but in fact everything is manufactured and designed in Turkey, they just have a German guy in an office in germany doing the talking, everything was total junk, I spent about 9,000 on 3 different scanners.

I've owned OKMs too, Rover Gold model, EXP4500 and EXP 6000 Professional Plus too, which is the best scanner they offer, at about 30,000 Euros. and after everything i've been through with all these equipments, I have to say I favor using a 300 dollar metal detector. I have found more clues, and more questions have been answered about my sites with a metal detector, than any of the scanners I've owned.

when I spoke with certain Geophysicists over at a particularly respected GPR company who are mainly focused on Military, Construction, Utilities and Transport Infrastructure, so you know their scanners must be reliable. They had the chance to look inside some of these OKMs since customers would bring them in for re-calibration.... All I can say is for what these things are sold for, and what the company say they can do... These guys were not impressed.

As for taking legal action, i think little can be done especially from here, and it would be a very lengthy process. I would simply threaten to expose their company across the internet should they not take drastic measures to replace your unit with something more respectable looking. That's what I did with DRS and I was given two free scanners. They still were not that great, but at least they made an effort to fix their mistakes.

Focus on the scanners in the sky, that stuff really works.

tninja

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 05:55:52 AM »
Fom thanks for that info about GPR. But this is not a GPR. Its a magnetometer hooked up to visualization software.

tninja

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 06:07:53 AM »
Focus on the scanners in the sky, that stuff really works.

You mean the satellite stuff? I know a guy who was approached by JICA. They told him they could check his land for treasure by satellite. The instructions were to turn off all electronic equipment or anything else that generates heat in his house and anywhere else on the land during the night. They are using powerful satellite based infrared. The buried gold retains the heat from the sun for 6 hours or more after sun down while the rest of the surrounds cool down much quicker. So the heat signature for even deeply buried objects can easily be identified. Deeply buried smaller deposits are harder to spot. They know where most all the large deposits are.

They came back to the house and offered him to recover the item for 80%. They wouldn't go any lower than 80. So he declined their offer. They proceeded to scan an area on the land using one of the earlier Accurate Locator models. Then they showed him a visualization of the scan. They told him the red spike was a bomb and cautioned him not to dig there. But just so happens, that's exactly where the object is. Funny little trick

Offline fom1113

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 09:38:47 AM »
Fom thanks for that info about GPR. But this is not a GPR. Its a magnetometer hooked up to visualization software.

Hope its working well. Please let us know.

Just want to know how it handles the super wide electromagnetics, in some places extends up to 60 meters per side.

Thanks
Failures made them perfect yet perfect are generous to make themselves masters of their knowledge!

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 01:00:20 PM »
Ninjat,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with those SCAM company. Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention. Definitely I will avoid this company like the plague!
TW