Author Topic: What Is This?  (Read 17697 times)

Offline ZOBEX

Re: What Is This?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2019, 01:39:49 AM »
YES guns are also markers.  I will post in a couple of days a tunnel we started to work where a Type 26 revolver was found buried 12 inches under the tunnel entrance floor and the barrel was pointing down the length of the tunnel.  The tunnel is possessed by one Japanese spirit, very timid guy, we have seen him appear just at dusk a couple of times.  There is something buried inside but previous TH went and destroyed all the code markers so no one else would know, then they trashed the inside digging everywhere and finding nothing.  The just screwed up the entire tunnel system out of greed and stupidity.

Z

Zobex, that is some creepy stuff indeed.

What about the single, lone rifles found, without anything else around them, can that also be a marking?
I was brought to a site just last week, a series of cut limestone tunnels through a series of large rock formations.
It was a large camp area, anyway, at one end of the land, away from the tunnels, around 30 years ago, kids found the butt of a rifle sticks out a crack in the rock, and it took some time for them to pull the thing out, it was stuffed into a solid crack in a sort of stone roof, but below it is a soft spot, which looks like it may be back filled. Father was a religious nut so he grabbed the rifle and hid it again...

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2019, 01:51:10 AM »
I don't see an attached pic. maybe it is my web browser.  Back in 2000 we found a sword in some rocks overlooking a valley in central Panay.  The locals thought the big deal was the sword so it could be sold.  Made me mad, the sword was pointing directly at a very old large stand of bamboo in the middle of a rice field in the valley.  So we went to the rice field with a metal detector and scanned the base and found some very old British silver fork and spoon and tea cup.  So we dug and less than 12 inches down found a cement slab, rectangular and smooth with sharp corners like it was made in a mold.  About 6 feet by 6 feet.  On the surface drawn in the cement was a Dragon with all detail of teeth and toes and such.  The land owner would not let us dig any further.  later some military came with a truck and tractor, dug it up and carried it away.  All we got were the fork, spoon and cracked British bone china cup.

This is why I no longer work sites with stupid and greedy people.  They can get rich on their own without me

Z

When ever you find a sword like that Don't move it without full photographs and study.  Even the Tsuka aka the handle if just that.  That is a code marker and the sword length / tip points  in the direct direction of a treasure.  Any time you find a sword, if not with a skeleton, it is a distinct code marker.

Z

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just sharing i don't know if this is related to buried treasure. Way back 1989 my father accidentally found a buried Japanese sword near the bamboo tree, when he dig for a foundation of his Nipa hut. but the sword is inverted to its casing (I mean its not properly place to its casing) so my late dad put some oil in it then few weeks he was able to removed completely the swords to its original casing. to my amazement the sword still in good condition.. Unfortunately when my dad passed away somebody stole the sword.
I made some research with regards to the type of the sword and found its name ( Japanese WWII Infantry Officer’s KYU GUNTO )

Here is the coordinate were the sword was unearthed ( 10°58'48.3"N 123°57'09.7"E ).

Sword photo attached

Offline jerzx

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2019, 08:24:16 AM »
I don't see an attached pic. maybe it is my web browser.  Back in 2000 we found a sword in some rocks overlooking a valley in central Panay.  The locals thought the big deal was the sword so it could be sold.  Made me mad, the sword was pointing directly at a very old large stand of bamboo in the middle of a rice field in the valley.  So we went to the rice field with a metal detector and scanned the base and found some very old British silver fork and spoon and tea cup.  So we dug and less than 12 inches down found a cement slab, rectangular and smooth with sharp corners like it was made in a mold.  About 6 feet by 6 feet.  On the surface drawn in the cement was a Dragon with all detail of teeth and toes and such.  The land owner would not let us dig any further.  later some military came with a truck and tractor, dug it up and carried it away.  All we got were the fork, spoon and cracked British bone china cup.

This is why I no longer work sites with stupid and greedy people.  They can get rich on their own without me

Z

When ever you find a sword like that Don't move it without full photographs and study.  Even the Tsuka aka the handle if just that.  That is a code marker and the sword length / tip points  in the direct direction of a treasure.  Any time you find a sword, if not with a skeleton, it is a distinct code marker.

Z

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just sharing i don't know if this is related to buried treasure. Way back 1989 my father accidentally found a buried Japanese sword near the bamboo tree, when he dig for a foundation of his Nipa hut. but the sword is inverted to its casing (I mean its not properly place to its casing) so my late dad put some oil in it then few weeks he was able to removed completely the swords to its original casing. to my amazement the sword still in good condition.. Unfortunately when my dad passed away somebody stole the sword.
I made some research with regards to the type of the sword and found its name ( Japanese WWII Infantry Officer’s KYU GUNTO )

Here is the coordinate were the sword was unearthed ( 10°58'48.3"N 123°57'09.7"E ).

Sword photo attached

The picture is available maybe due to your web browser (BTW; the pic is just a reference), As I said that the sword was found near the base of the bamboo tree, opposite side there is another bamboo tree, in between a small creek which will have water only if there is a rain. . From the 1st bamboo tree were the sword was unearthed few meters facing north there is a small water well.
Its like a right triangle in which the sword was found at the 90 degrees angle. The distance rough estimate around 20 meters each point . . Sound interesting I just realize it today, LOL ! In due time I will do scanning at that Area. . hehehehe !

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2019, 08:31:15 PM »
Jerzx,

That sword photo you posted isn't a Japanese sword. It's a Russian officer's sword. I bought an identical sword like that in the late 1980's when I was sent to work over in Yemen for a month. I found it in a small antique shop there and paid USD$100 cash for it. Beautiful sword!
TW

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2019, 12:26:58 AM »
Jerzx,

That sword photo you posted isn't a Japanese sword. It's a Russian officer's sword. I bought an identical sword like that in the late 1980's when I was sent to work over in Yemen for a month. I found it in a small antique shop there and paid USD$100 cash for it. Beautiful sword!
TW

TW actually that is a Japanese sword BUT it is a Dress or Parade sword.  Not a weapon, just for ceremonial use with a dress uniform.  I recently sold a very nice one for less than 300usd.  The dress sword is basically a copy of a European dress sword.  Not seeing the actual sword, it could also be a cavalry sword which was used a lot by the pre-1938 troops and or cavalry units no longer on horse back and was used on forwards.  I have one cavalry sabre like in this link.

https://www.japaneseswordindex.com/civilian.htm

I purchased it because it has 7 notches cut in the guard so it indicates this owner put 7 kills on that blade.  That blade came from China campaign and I believe into Singapore.  I have two Samurai blades, one is Navy where the owners had put notches on them for kill counts.  Once a blade was introduced into the combat theater it would continue in use even though that design was no longer current official designate.

Z

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2019, 08:00:55 AM »
Oh wow. Looks exactly like the Russian sword I purchased in Yemen many years ago. Very nice!
TW

tninja

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2019, 09:08:30 PM »
Just got this in the mail today. The beginning of my Japanese sword collection. It is no Masamune... But if you view the video below my friends, you will see that it is a start.  :D

https://youtu.be/GR8MDOYAz30

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2019, 10:05:08 PM »
Is that New??
TW

tninja

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2019, 11:02:14 PM »
Is that New??
TW

Yes, its new. Not really a show piece but I got it because its practical. For home protection. Its high carbon steel, full tang and it came very sharp. Its a pretty cool sword for $80 including shipping from Amazon.

Offline renantiur

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2019, 12:18:33 AM »

wow. that's nice. is that allowed to be mailed to the philippines by amazon? shipped to the philippines? how many days?

tninja

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2019, 01:26:11 AM »

wow. that's nice. is that allowed to be mailed to the philippines by amazon? shipped to the philippines? how many days?

Yes, it shipped from the U.S. through Amazon. It took like 3 weeks to get here. Actually it is really nice for the price because its a battle ready sword. Cold steel had a video on their website where a guy took this sword and sliced a test dummy's skull clean in half with one swing. But they took it down. Its cool to have a wakizashi that is actually well made and practical for real use, yet doesn't break the bank. This 1095 steel will hold its sharpness even if you happen to strike it against cement. It just bounces off  ;D