Author Topic: Submersible Pump Discussion  (Read 9689 times)

t_hunter44

Submersible Pump Discussion
« on: September 11, 2010, 10:06:43 PM »
Commando Congrats for finding the items. I also have a project now at 80 feet deep and water starts coming in and I expect the target around 120 feet. The water pump that someone loaned to me is a 7 horse power centrifugal pump but cannot do the job. May I ask what kind what kind of a water pump have you used to get that water out at a 100 feet or more so that I can continue the project. Thank you in advance for your help, again my congratulation.

First, we used 3 hp submersible water pump then coupled with another 3 hp centrifugal pump. If still cannot bring up water, then add another 2 hp centrifugal pump. We did'nt used bigger pump because it's very hard to manipulate under the hole.

According to your drawing,first the 3 HP submersible pump, then the 3HP centrifugal pump was placed inside the hole in series with the submersible and possibly the 2 HP centrifugal pump also because of the limited maximum lift of the pumps."We did not use bigger pumps because it is very hard to manipulate under the hole"quote;unquote, so that means the Centrifugal pumps is inside the hole and a 3 HP submersible pump cannot lift or push that water out to a 100 feet, maybe 50 foot lift at the max so you have to put the centrifugal pumps in series with the submersible pump. No Carbon monoxide poisoning I suppose as their is nobody inside that hole but to dig you have to have somebody down the hole, so, do you have to stop the pumps?. 30KVA for a Genset to power a 3HP submersible pump, that is an overkill as a 3hp single phase motor will only need 17 amps using 230 volts at full load or Power(watts)=volts x amps or 230V x 17 amps=3910 watts so a 5000 watt genset can handle that easy. Just my 2 cents worth.  ;D ::)

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 10:11:48 PM »
t_hunter, you mean if I buy a 30 KVA Set for my project, it is an excessive waste of resources?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 03:48:00 AM by DINDO BAYAUA »

Offline Commando

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 10:18:28 PM »
Commando Congrats for finding the items. I also have a project now at 80 feet deep and water starts coming in and I expect the target around 120 feet. The water pump that someone loaned to me is a 7 horse power centrifugal pump but cannot do the job. May I ask what kind what kind of a water pump have you used to get that water out at a 100 feet or more so that I can continue the project. Thank you in advance for your help, again my congratulation.

First, we used 3 hp submersible water pump then coupled with another 3 hp centrifugal pump. If still cannot bring up water, then add another 2 hp centrifugal pump. We did'nt used bigger pump because it's very hard to manipulate under the hole.

According to your drawing,first the 3 HP submersible pump, then the 3HP centrifugal pump was placed inside the hole in series with the submersible and possibly the 2 HP centrifugal pump also because of the limited maximum lift of the pumps."We did not use bigger pumps because it is very hard to manipulate under the hole"quote;unquote, so that means the Centrifugal pumps is inside the hole and a 3 HP submersible pump cannot lift or push that water out to a 100 feet, maybe 50 foot lift at the max so you have to put the centrifugal pumps in series with the submersible pump. No Carbon monoxide poisoning I suppose as their is nobody inside that hole but to dig you have to have somebody down the hole, so, do you have to stop the pumps?. 30KVA for a Genset to power a 3HP submersible pump, that is an overkill as a 3hp single phase motor will only need 17 amps using 230 volts at full load or Power(watts)=volts x amps or 230V x 17 amps=3910 watts so a 5000 watt genset can handle that easy. Just my 2 cents worth.  ;D ::)

T hunters

Read again the message carefully. The specs that I am referring to is for Dindo Bayauya. If he purchase another 3 hp submersible, then he must have a total load of 10 Hp. A 30 KVA must be the ideal one for Dindo to avoid shortage and over stress of the gen set. Remember that we are operating 16 hours a day from 7am to 11 pm..

Offline Janner

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 10:39:55 PM »
so what, if anythng you have recovered from this site..?

t_hunter44

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 12:19:27 AM »
That's great. What Genset did you used, how many watts and how much will it cost me to buy such? How much each is the 3HP submersible pump and what brand will you recommend to me to buy? I really need to prepare those sets for my project as we can no longer contain the water at 80 ft deep. Thanks in advance.

Since you already have your 7 hp centrifugal pump. You will need the 3 hp submersible pump. The brand we are using is Shofu. Price: 26,000.00. Your total power is 10 hp. You need 30 KVA gen set. Power ratio should be 1:3.
Commando, I think you are confused. 7 HP Centrifugal pump is nowhere near a Submersible pump.; Have you ever seen a 7HP Electric Motor Driven Centrifugal Pumps in the field, Nada, just Diesel or Gasoline engine driven Water Pumps. Adding the 3 HP submersible pump(electric) to the 7HP Diesel  or Gasoline Engine Centrifugal Pump of Dindo  to make 10 HP did not make sense but that sounds like you alright. You never commented on the Pumps in series inside your hole and I was waiting for A REBUTTAL. Did you know that 3HPs and 2HPs or 7HP centrifugal pumps has different size suction and discharge  but you know that all along, didn't you. You can fool some people some of the time but not all and not all the time. Nice try,Try again.
     You really remind me of somebody that was here once, you two might be related but he is just much better than you for he can pinpoint 30 treasure sites in one location while you can only find 3. You are one amazing fella though, not too long ago you showed up in this forum a Total Failure but now you are claiming to have made a successful recovery, amazing, why because 99% of the time you are in front of the computer, while I am logged in. Well, maybe you bring your computer at your site. Some people is asking for proof of your find, me, just take a picture of the glitter and I will be satisfied, does not have to be the real AU, the glitter of it will suffice. I am easy to please. Oh,by the way never heard of a Power Ratio in Electrical computations  but I have heard of Power Factors but we learn something everyday.

t_hunter44

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 12:31:22 AM »
t_hunter, you mean if I bought a 30 KVA Set for my project, it is a excessive waste of resources?
DB, you figure it out. The Formula: Amperes when "KVA" is known.  KVA X 1000 = I(amperes)
                                                                                              E(volts)

A 3HP/230V single phase AC motor full load current in amperes is 17 amps and a 10HP/230V single phase motor at full load will draw 50 amps, so what do you think?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 12:50:25 AM by t_hunter44 »

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 01:26:55 AM »
Ok, back to the drawing board for the planning again. Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:56:28 AM by DINDO BAYAUA »

Offline Commando

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 03:28:38 AM »
t_hunter, you mean if I bought a 30 KVA Set for my project, it is a excessive waste of resources?
DB, you figure it out. The Formula: Amperes when "KVA" is known.  KVA X 1000 = I(amperes)
                                                                                              E(volts)

A 3HP/230V single phase AC motor full load current in amperes is 17 amps and a 10HP/230V single phase motor at full load will draw 50 amps, so what do you think?

T hunters

I am sorry if i misinterpreted your message. I thought dindo's 7 hp centrifuge pump is electric driven. In our case, we never used gasoline or diesel driven centrifugal pumps. It's all electric driven by gen set. No risk for fumes. If northstar is better than me, that's ok I accepted that but I am also studying his theory of isometrics. soon I will understand his theory and incorporate mine compass watch. Hope you appreciate mine theory too.