Author Topic: Pure Platinum  (Read 15110 times)

Offline lucky5

Pure Platinum
« on: August 04, 2011, 11:06:20 PM »
Anyone know how to distinguish pure platinum? Any marking on its..coz there is someone in mindanao i mean davao who sell platinum bars of almost 50kilos. and he todl me that when he put an ice over it, it melted for not less than 5 minutes.

and it has an embossed volcano on the top and a hammer on side and letter #10n 48 us reg pat off on the bar.

Is this real? Any one can pls tell?..
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:23:16 AM by DINDO BAYAUA »

gerald

Re: Pure Platinum
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 11:32:23 PM »
Good Day Fellas!!

In relation to Platinum  also, is there  a so called  Platinum Hard  and  Platinum  Soft?
Your  ideas will be much appreciated?

God Bless us All!!!

Young Hunter Ge..
 :) :)

Offline lucky5

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 04:52:07 AM »
Good Day Fellas!!

In relation to Platinum  also, is there  a so called  Platinum Hard  and  Platinum  Soft?
Your  ideas will be much appreciated?

God Bless us All!!!

Young Hunter Ge..
 :) :)

what kind of this mine..some person want to buy 10 pcs but the real owner dont want to sell..is this real platinum bars..what are the exact kilos of platinum bars.

and why with U.S. patent? and it said that only yamashita stole precious metals..
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:27:21 AM by DINDO BAYAUA »

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 05:20:16 AM »
Use the water displacement method to determine the volume multiplied it by its specific density then compare it to the actual weight.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:22:08 AM by DINDO BAYAUA »

Offline lucky5

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 08:43:35 PM »
Use the water displacement method to determine the volume multiplied it by its specific density then compare it to the actual weight.

dont know how to do.

you can tech me sir hot to. ani picture of platinum from WWII

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 09:42:19 PM »
Water Displacement Method

Prepare a cubical tupperware, put water up to the brim, pour and measure the volume of said water in a graduated cylinder (V1). Fill up again the said tupperware up to the same brim then immerse the "platinum" (be sure to tie a little fishing line on the bar), let it over spill then slowly pull out the bar from the tupperware, then measure the remaining volume of water thru the graduated cylinder. Mark that as V2. Then compute the volume of the bar by V1-V2 = Actual Volume. Then compute the suppose weight by formula:

Weight(supposed) = Actual Volume x SG of platinum (Specific gravity of Platinum is 21.4)

Compare the supposed Weight to the actual weight of the platinum AND CONCLUDE IF THAT BAR IS ACTUALLY A PLATINUM.

Note: I ask a first degree cousin who is working with cebuana lhuillier if they could actually test a platinum if real. She said that there are employees who can BUT not all, including her, knows it. They are more adept on Gold, Silver and Diamond.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:40:54 AM by DINDO BAYAUA »

Offline jackbruno

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 02:15:37 AM »
lucky 5,

try to heat up the platinum using acetylene if not in a stove for at least 5 minutes when you observe that it will turn reddish bec. of the heat then remove the acetylene or in stove if it will return to its original color(if it turns dark/change then its a stainless) and when you touch the bar you can't feel any heat then its pure platinum or after heating up you can use hammer and strike in the edge if its brittle then it's not pure(its carbide). :)
8s not d detector dat matterS most but 8s d detektoriSt dat matters best

Offline lucky5

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 01:18:55 PM »
lucky 5,

try to heat up the platinum using acetylene if not in a stove for at least 5 minutes when you observe that it will turn reddish bec. of the heat then remove the acetylene or in stove if it will return to its original color(if it turns dark/change then its a stainless) and when you touch the bar you can't feel any heat then its pure platinum or after heating up you can use hammer and strike in the edge if its brittle then it's not pure(its carbide). :)

The real owner has not responded when i ask him to do it. He said he will try as soon as he has the time..so its means its a scam..our communication was via email only and I told him to sent a real picture.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:18:15 AM by DINDO BAYAUA »

Offline joe

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 04:00:09 AM »
fake platinum ???

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 06:32:20 AM »
fake platinum ???

Yea, I've seen plenty of that crap around. You're right.. its all FAKE!!
TW

Offline AurumKid

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 06:10:06 AM »

Testing for platinum by putting it in hydrogen
peroxide. Platinum acts as a catalyst which reacts
with the hydrogen peroxide releasing oxygen. If it
bubbles then it is platinum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6JQZGSyzuk
"And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel".

- Isaiah 45:3

Offline witboy

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 07:37:18 AM »
It is most probably fake. The real Johnson Matthey platinum bars bear a logo of crossed hammers, not the inverted horseshoe. Besides, the weight which is given in the bar as "32 ounces" should equal around 900 grams and not 750 grams as weighed by a friend who had the privilege of being shown a sample. The JM company in England says it has received fraudulent offers from Indonesia in the past years from people who claim to have recovered tons of the stuff.
Active IJA! (Indiana Jones' Associate)

Offline mKgold

• A box without hinges, key, or lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid.
  • to God be the Glory
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 06:24:38 PM »
are there really burried JM Platinums in the Philippines?
considering 32troy ounce. HM does it worth?
*8mK8*