Author Topic: Factors that will Enhance your Chances of Success  (Read 2857 times)

t_hunter44

Factors that will Enhance your Chances of Success
« on: March 08, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »
     Maybe it is time to examine ourselves why we are not so successful, in life or on our endeavors. I will name a few factors and define them as best as I can and you are most welcome to add more.

1. Attitude- defined as a matter of disposition, feeling, position with regards to a person or thing,
     tendency or orientation, especially of the mind. Positive or Negative Attitudes, Group Attitudes. Your
    attitude portrays you as you are in the eyes of other people and it greatly affects how they will deal
    with you, trust or avoid you, just to name a few. Attitude is Altitude for Attitude is everything
    and Self Perception Determines Direction.
2.Character- defined as the combination of qualities or features that distinguishes one person,   
    group or thing from another. Six Pillars of Character are; Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility,
    Fairness, Caring and Citizenship.
3.Perseverance- defined as steady persistence in a course of action, a belief, or a purpose,
    steadfastness especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles or discouragement. but then one must add
    Logical Thinking on this factor.
4.Patience- The phrase "Patience is a Virtue" is just a way of expressing the importance of being
    patient. A virtue is a trait or quality deemed to be morally excellent and thus is valued as a
    foundation of principle and good moral being. Patience can make us better people. The definition of
    the word is to tolerate delay implying self control and forbearance. When we say "Patience is a Virtue"
    we are exposing our moral values and expressing the importance of patience as a foundation of
    principle.So to answer the question patience is not a virtue until it truly becomes a virtue and knowing
    how diverse the spectrum of individualism as I am sure patience is a vice(opposite of virtue) to some.
    Patience is a necessity for a happy existence and that is why the phrase is often used. 
         "Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and
    unruffled under all circumstances" All good things come to those who wait Q: Dig?  A: Dug.
5. Finances That is self explanatory and I do not need to expound on that.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:15:30 PM by t_hunter44 »

Offline zeeker

Re: Factors that will Enhance your Chances of Success
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 08:08:09 PM »
     Maybe it is time to examine ourselves why we are not so successful, in life or on our endeavors. I will name a few factors and define them as best as I can and you are most welcome to add more.

1. Attitude- defined as a matter of disposition, feeling, position with regards to a person or thing,
     tendency or orientation, especially of the mind. Positive or Negative Attitudes, Group Attitudes. Your
    attitude portrays you as you are in the eyes of other people and it greatly affects how they will deal
    with you, trust or avoid you, just to name a few. Attit Attitude is Altitude for Attitude is everything
    and Self Perception Determines Direction.
2.Character- defined as the combination of qualities or features that distinguishes one person,   
    group or thing from another. Six Pillars of Character are; Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility,
    Fairness, Caring and Citizenship.
3.Perseverance- defined as steady persistence in a course of action, a belief, or a purpose,
    steadfastness especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles or discouragement. but then one must add
    Logical Thinking on this factor.
4.Patience- The phrase "Patience is a Virtue" is just a way of expressing the importance of being
    patient. A virtue is a trait or quality deemed to be morally excellent and thus is valued as a
    foundation of principle and good moral being. Patience can make us better people. The definition of
    the word is to tolerate delay implying self control and forbearance. When we say "Patience is a Virtue"
    we are exposing our moral values and expressing the importance ofof patience as a foundation of
    principle.So to answer the question patience is not a virtue until it truly becomes a virtue and knowing
    how diverse the spectrum of individualism as I am sure patience is a vice(opposite of virtue) to some.
    Patience is a necessity for a happy existence and that is why the phrase is often used. 
         "Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and
    unruffled under all circumstances" All good things come to those who wait Q: Dig?  A: Dug.
5. Finances That is self explanatory and I do not need to expound on that.

Logic - ask your self several questions, like "can the japs hide a treasure in this boulder w/o breaking it or at least make a hole in it?"
continue the journey

Offline sumomaster2004

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 01:41:12 AM »
Zeeker #1-5 is important but logic should top the list before you get to the others...just my opinion...

Offline Janner

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 02:29:21 AM »
are any of you reading it..?

seems as though the first line says it all ...try it...
"Maybe it is time to examine ourselves why we are not so successful, in life or on our endeavors"

t_hunter44

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 07:07:58 PM »
   The Thread was not particularly targeted on Treasure Hunting, it is for everyday living but it can also be applied to Treasure Hunting. Take note that I added LOGICAL THINKING  under Perseverance and those numbered factors WERE NOT ARRANGED BY IMPORTANCE. I also said that anyone is welcome to add more and that's how it is, add to the thread and please expound on it. TWO PEOPLE MENTIONED LOGIC, of course that can be a Top Priority in Treasure Hunting but not in everyday life.