Author Topic: HAS ANYONE NOTICED THIS?  (Read 3617 times)

Offline witboy

HAS ANYONE NOTICED THIS?
« on: May 05, 2013, 06:45:04 PM »
Greetings to all. I was trying to send private messages to some members when I discovered that everyone's email address is juicefoyo@yahoo.com. How could this be? Could it be just the standard appearance of the email on the forum and then it automatically changes to the real email address once a message is sent or what? This is really puzzling to me.
Active IJA! (Indiana Jones' Associate)

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Re: HAS ANYONE NOTICED THIS?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 09:02:54 PM »
Greetings to all. I was trying to send private messages to some members when I discovered that everyone's email address is juicefoyo@yahoo.com. How could this be? Could it be just the standard appearance of the email on the forum and then it automatically changes to the real email address once a message is sent or what? This is really puzzling to me.

Huh? I'm not sure what that's all about but I didn't see that as being everyone's email address. That's strange.. maybe some kind of HACKER or VIRUS you're seeing there. Let me check this out..
TW

Offline witboy

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 06:59:29 PM »
Thanks Sir Tony. Kindly post whatever discovery you make and I hope it would be rectified if it has been caused by a virus.

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 07:44:28 PM »
I went to MEMBERS.. then... SEARCH FOR MEMBERS.. and they all had different email addresses. How did you search?
TW

Offline witboy

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 07:29:50 AM »
Sir Tony, that is what I did too. But I was shocked to see that all their email addresses were juicefoyo@yahoo.com. Will try it again now after I have posted this reply.

Offline witboy

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 04:48:45 PM »
Acctually there were no email addresses displayed for the members at all. Except for my email address. Now my problem is that I would like to secure a particular member's email address so I could send him a message from my own email address apart from the PM messaging of this forum for the reason that I might include some pictures or files in my message. I find it impossible to do this when I would send a PM to a particular member. Sorry but I am just no good at computers. ;D

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 05:21:00 PM »
You should be able to just click on his USERNAME here and that takes you to his profile and his email should be displayed there.
TW

Offline La Asturiana

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 06:09:52 PM »

I tried to make a message also to check whether what happens to you would be same in my case.  In my case there was no problem. I think it is in the computer or network that you are using.  I try searching that e-mail address through google and one result there displays Baguio City ads.  That problem might only be in your network.

Offline witboy

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 09:24:17 PM »
Ok thanks. Will check.

Offline witboy

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 11:19:15 PM »
That is funny, sir Tony. There is no email address displayed anywhere. Only my email address is there.