Author Topic: what is this???  (Read 3940 times)

Offline KING

• GO! GO! GO!
what is this???
« on: March 04, 2014, 09:22:09 PM »
hello people, may be do you have some idea or what kind of this metal all about.....
or anybody could help what the japanese mark means? body number 226 and it weigh around 72 kilos with the japanese mark, but i don't have any idea. it looks like a silvery white metal color, and so very soft metal, non magnetic. i was try to used some kind of chemical like nitric acid to dissolved it but successfuly turn into a dust powder,  my friends give'n me a piece of sample, then i used a heat process to melt, then was turn into a liquid it melt from hard.
i dont know what is this... try to look at some pictures. thanks.

http://i62.tinypic.com/zx737p.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/2zyajr5.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/wir887.jpg

Offline KING

• GO! GO! GO!
Re: what is this???
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 09:43:44 PM »
hello people, may be do you have some idea or what kind of this metal all about.....
or anybody could help what the japanese mark means? body number 226 and it weigh around 72 kilos with the japanese mark, but i don't have any idea. it looks like a silvery white metal color, and so very soft metal, non magnetic. i was try to used some kind of chemical like nitric acid to dissolved it but successfuly turn into a dust powder,  my friends give'n me a piece of sample, then i used a heat process to melt, then was turn into a liquid it melt from hard.
i dont know what is this... try to look at some pictures. thanks

Offline KING

• GO! GO! GO!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 10:20:24 PM »
try to look at this picture that i was edited, i was used some of my jewelry silver, and that square'd metal is a sample cut off piece.
from the side corner of the said found metal weighing of about 72 kilos, so that is the sample.

Offline renantiur

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 03:34:52 AM »

have it tested with davao mineral laboratories or any mineral laboratory for that matter,  bro. a qualitative test (what kind of metal that is ) will cost you more than 2,000 pesos.   

to determine its purity (for every one bar), have it tested for quantitative test . it will cost you another 2-3 thousand pesos.

that is the only way you can be sure of what kind of metal that is. after it turns out to be positive, if it is, you can more than recoup your laboratory fee expenses. if it turns out to be negative, you are still benefited. it will save you from unnecessary accusations that you are peddling a fake item, even if you have no intention of doing it.

Offline AurumKid

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 06:44:26 AM »
i think its nickel babbit. or zinc. its like what my friend found in basilan. same texture and with same japanese mark. meaning of that mark is "great japan of the orient" ;)
"And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel".

- Isaiah 45:3

Offline KING

• GO! GO! GO!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 03:42:25 PM »
Aurumkid.....   yes you right, this metal found in zamboanga may be in basilan, thinks for the meaning of the mark. i was having a doubt that this is a nickel, thank you very much Aurumkid! :D

renantiur..... thanks also for your idea, because of my doubt that this metal is not a kind of prescious that i'm looking for that's why i'm no longer 8)
to expend out money to test in laboratory. thanks bro..... 8)

thanks admin! ;)

Offline KING

• GO! GO! GO!
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 03:45:51 PM »
Aurumkid.....   yes you right, this metal found in zamboanga may be in basilan, thanks for the meaning of the mark. i was having a doubt that this is a nickel, thank you very much Aurumkid! :D

renantiur..... thanks also for your idea, because of my doubt that this metal is not a kind of prescious that i'm looking for that's why i'm no longer 8)
to expend out money to test in laboratory. thanks bro..... 8)

thanks admin! ;)