Author Topic: shell  (Read 4110 times)

Offline Garrett

• be patient and trust the process
shell
« on: January 24, 2018, 03:56:14 AM »
Hello to all just little curious regarding my diggers came across a shell in the upright position around 2.5 meters deep, I was reading regarding shells and other stuff but it says the shell if in the upright position usually means there is a deposit underneath?

I have attached a couple of pics for you to view

God bless all TH

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Re: shell
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 07:26:41 PM »
That happens is a lot of places throughout the entire world because it used to be underwater a long time ago.
TW

Hello to all just little curious regarding my diggers came across a shell in the upright position around 2.5 meters deep, I was reading regarding shells and other stuff but it says the shell if in the upright position usually means there is a deposit underneath?

I have attached a couple of pics for you to view

God bless all TH

Offline fom1113

Re: shell
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 06:30:05 AM »
I know what you mean sir admin. It can be a fossil. A clear sign is a half part of a shell then the other half is beneath around 1 ft deeper and combined with cracked shell scattered around. That is what the guys recovered in a site in southern luzon.

Much better if you dig deeper and if you found lot of broken and half shells scattered around that is a clear sign.
Failures made them perfect yet perfect are generous to make themselves masters of their knowledge!