Author Topic: meteorite?  (Read 8117 times)

Offline kaloy

meteorite?
« on: September 18, 2019, 03:17:10 AM »
need help i.d?

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Re: meteorite?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 06:37:05 AM »
Will a magnet stick to it?

It reminds me of a piece of petrified wood that we took from one of the parks here in the USA.
TW

Offline jerzx

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 10:34:28 AM »
You are right Admin, I read some articles that Meteorite contains lots of minerals and part of it is Iron, so if the Magnet will stick on it probably it is a Meteorite. . .

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 11:42:54 AM »
This is when someone has been TH too long.  BUT it kind of reminds me of a face looking to the bottom left of the photograph.  Pic taken from above looking down.  But then I see code markers when looking at clouds as well.

Z

Offline fom1113

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 09:07:46 PM »
Meteriorite does not appear like that. It is burning as it enters the atmosphere. Its surface is burning until it passes into the protective layer of the earth. That was the effect that made the rock shiny without sharp corners anywhere around and even when buried for very long period the perfect shape made by nature is still visible.
Failures made them perfect yet perfect are generous to make themselves masters of their knowledge!

Offline kaloy

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 03:51:56 AM »
This is when someone has been TH too long.  BUT it kind of reminds me of a face looking to the bottom left of the photograph.  Pic taken from above looking down.  But then I see code markers when looking at clouds as well.

Z

LOL... zobex just an ice breaker. a friend requested to post this one. good to hear from you guys. i thought the forum is dead already.

Offline kaloy

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2019, 03:54:28 AM »
Meteriorite does not appear like that. It is burning as it enters the atmosphere. Its surface is burning until it passes into the protective layer of the earth. That was the effect that made the rock shiny without sharp corners anywhere around and even when buried for very long period the perfect shape made by nature is still visible.

seen meteorites from the net with sharp corners... good analysis though

Offline kaloy

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2019, 03:59:01 AM »
please interpret

Offline kaloy

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2019, 05:14:02 AM »
Will a magnet stick to it?

It reminds me of a piece of petrified wood that we took from one of the parks here in the USA.
TW

yes, magnet stick to it

Offline pfv01

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2021, 07:34:55 AM »
It looks like a mineral of some sort