Author Topic: What's the meaning of this?  (Read 5404 times)

Offline Bose Yu

What's the meaning of this?
« on: March 07, 2020, 09:29:14 PM »
Good day guys. We have an area here where some TH are having an operation. By history, it is said that there's a lot of Japanese who stayed here during WW2. And in this particular spot, we have found some signs carved in the coconut tree and some on the rocks. Under the coconut tree theres a rock with two holes and the other is having like a heart shape. Inside the two holes, there's a small stone that was like put inside. Around its corner, there's another stone having a shape that points on the side of the tree. The coconut tree has like an X sign also carved on it.

We tried a detector and it has a faint sound so we decided to dig a hole. The upper layer are stones that we think are markers and after 2 ft, it is like a limestone until the 9th feet. The bottom of the hole is now on 9 ft and we will continue on the next day.

I put a red circle on the pics to show what we think are the signs. Any ideas and interpretations with this?
"Keep on Reading and You'll keep on Learning."

Offline fom1113

Re: What's the meaning of this?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 12:16:56 AM »
  You cant be sure of just relying in signs. There should be a remapping of the area where the exact spot of small load can be located accurately but if you want to add some spices in th wait for other comments. Plenty of hunters relying on signs are all guess works and the assurance of accuracy is not 100%.
Failures made them perfect yet perfect are generous to make themselves masters of their knowledge!

Offline Bose Yu

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 03:27:51 AM »
Sir fom1113, what is the average depth of small load? There's a lot of rocks in the area which we think are possible signs nearby our hole.

Offline fom1113

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 03:37:58 AM »
Average depth is 12 meters. In most places this small load can be found at 20 meters, depends on spring water  availability. There are cases that this small load can be found at 3 to 5 meters but to those sites near sea water, river banks or large body of water.
Failures made them perfect yet perfect are generous to make themselves masters of their knowledge!

Offline Bose Yu

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 05:08:00 AM »
The area that we have operated this time is near seawater. Probably its 20-30 meters to the sea and this area is a slope.

What if we missed the center of the load, is it expected that we can see some stones or markers under the soil that points to its direction?

Offline renantiur

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 06:01:03 AM »

do not use metal detectors. japanese recoverers dont use metal detectors.

Offline fom1113

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 06:20:43 AM »
Yes metal detectors just adds confusions.
 Regarding offset dig spot, you can still encounter markers even meters away from small load. Treasures were buried separated accordingly and majority of those are deep difficult to recover so you are most likely digging in a deeply buried one. The reason why signs are readily available anywhere around that positive area.

Offline Bose Yu

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 06:32:13 AM »
@fom1113 - Sir, if theres a multiple load in the area, how can we spot the smaller deposit or the shallow one?

@renantiur -lts just an additional to our resources. If we will not use an MD, then how can we confirm if the area is positive?

Based on the signs in the pictures, can you tell that our site is positive?

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 03:36:31 PM »
Bose Yu,

Good luck with your site. Looks like you are already getting some good advice from the guys here.

TW

Offline fom1113

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 04:46:40 PM »
Thanks TW.

Bose Yu regarding accurate load spotting i think you need somone who can read aigns and make an illustration and anlyze all of them. Surface signs in your spot clearly signify eparated loads. A locator is the most appropriate gadget to use as it tracks the ionisation release of buried bulk of precious metals but you should not rely on the positive detections of locators if you are searching small load. Surface signs triangulation is the best and make that locator gadget as a support only to sense the load below. IT TAKES A LOT OF TIME ANG EFFORT TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS TRIANGULATIONS MEAN. I dont have time for that and its not my task in giving instructions how to do it. Look for someone near you who can do it. But if you want to gamble just locate and dig, test dig everywhere which is not recommended in my opinion.

Offline renantiur

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2020, 06:27:40 PM »

i agree with fom. do not use metal detector and scanners. they only add to confusions and digs that can make u broke.

l

Offline renantiur

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2020, 07:21:01 PM »

think and act like a japanese. do not use metal detectors and scanners.

Offline Bose Yu

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2020, 02:36:00 AM »
I will try to draw a sketch as triangulation next time after I visit the site. There is also a rock with a pyramid or triangle shape on its side view and on its top view, its rectangular. We cant easily move it because a tree grow on the center of the rock with its roots on the bottom of the rock and its main stem or trunk in the center of the rock in its hole. I will upload a pic next time.

Offline fom1113

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2020, 04:07:10 AM »
 That is a great help to the guy who will do the survey of your site. The accurate pinpointing can be done in an actual survey of your site not in this way. We will end up in a guess work here.

Offline fom1113

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2020, 04:10:20 AM »
But atleast it can g]ve an idea of the particular area where to locate the load. I repeat it is not 100% accurate but more on guess work without confirmation.