Author Topic: Is this really an X?  (Read 4207 times)

Offline EGM300

Is this really an X?
« on: July 14, 2021, 01:49:34 PM »
Hi everyone,
Is this really an   X?can you help me with this one.What is the next step upon seeing this marker?

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
Re: Is this really an X?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 10:29:47 PM »
Yes it looks like an X to me. Hopefully, Zobex can give his in depth comments about it.
TW

Offline EGM300

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 10:34:05 PM »
Thanks Mr.TW

Offline fom1113

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 05:34:16 AM »
That is coded lines. Scattered small deposits around the area. Japanese wrote some simple and readable lines that looks letter to us but those are representation of complicated burial design engineering. If you are going to recover all of the scattered treasures you need to understand that engineering but for 1 cache recovery it is not necessary, we don't need it. Logical approach can be very effective.
Failures made them perfect yet perfect are generous to make themselves masters of their knowledge!

Offline EGM300

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 04:23:02 PM »
Thanks fom1113

Offline witboy

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 07:23:09 PM »
That is an X but does not necessarily mean X marks the spot. It could be a bearing marker which is to be used along with other markers in the area to lead to the target.
Active IJA! (Indiana Jones' Associate)

Offline EGM300

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 03:17:53 AM »
Thank you sir for the comment,however,as you,been said they might another clue,hence,then,what is the next ordeal???that site for info,located in or top of the mountain just like an over looking area,what possibly be the outcome??

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2021, 08:30:19 PM »
Yes it looks like an X to me. Hopefully, Zobex can give his in depth comments about it.
TW

Not an X, it's a CROSS.  Different meaning.  I have seen in first hand one large tunnel bunker where a CROSS was the marker on top of the hill overlooking the closed off bunker entrance.  If I can find a picture of it, I will post it.  Unfortunately some rich Filipino city boys purchased the land after I found the codes and bunker entrance.  Greedy A'Holes, could not find it on their own and I sure am not going to tell them where the entrance is at to be dug open.  Let them go flounder.

Nice code marker you have there.

Z

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 08:33:07 PM »
The way this was made and is often used other places, is, they would lay a round steel bar flat on the rock and then pound on that bar with a hammer.  This makes the steel rod hammer in a trough mark like this.

Z

Offline EGM300

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 10:48:26 PM »
Sir Zobex

1 meter away,west side from that marker we found this marker I'm not sure if this inverted heart sign or an spade

Offline EGM300

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2021, 10:51:18 PM »
here it is

Offline fom1113

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2021, 06:42:19 AM »
Every treasure signs the Japanese left has its secret compass bearing in connection to loads. As well as planted tree has its classification according to loads nearby. Compass coordinates makes spotting seems simplified that's why we need to put a compass at the top of the rock while taking photos. I suggest you put compass before taking pictures, that is a big help for sign readers to decode signs and trace location of target.
Anyway regarding that sign you found it represents a recoverable load in between 35 to 45 feet depth. About 20 meters radius from the sign.
Failures made them perfect yet perfect are generous to make themselves masters of their knowledge!

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2021, 02:11:58 AM »
here it is

IF and IF there is any measurement cut mark, into stone, it will be in a representative of 1CM of mark measurement is 1M of real measurement.  Marks that indicate distance or measurement will be in straight sides or singular mark.  A square hole , measure the sides of the hole.  If a series of square holes, each hole is measured.  They may be cumulative or in singular steps.  Round or curved marks are not measurement marks.  If you find a single hammered strike mark in a rock, like I explained made by laying a round rod on a rock and then pounding on that rod with a hammer, there by pounding in a slot, the length of that slot is a measurement in the 1cm=1m ratio.  Direction from that mark, if it is a distance marker ( could also be a depth marker ) you can take following ways::  1) off the end tips 2) at 90deg from the long length or 3) using a clock, at 10AM off the tips.

If looking for a direction, markers most always point towards Tokyo, so don't look towards Australia.  A direction marker is most often positioned so that it points in the direction and that puts the target between the marker and Tokyo.  ( but not exclusively ).

Z

Other code markers may be standardized mark indicators (story tellers) or unique to a map of the area.  That is many variables.

Offline EGM300

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2021, 04:25:34 AM »
sir we cleaned the stone we found out this marker at the bottom portion

Offline EGM300

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2021, 04:31:15 AM »
Another view