Author Topic: SNAKE DANGER in THunting how to prevent and treat bites  (Read 2155 times)

Offline spiritofthewind

SNAKE DANGER in THunting how to prevent and treat bites
« on: January 25, 2022, 10:24:50 AM »
HI.Every one .....
I really neede help on this SNAKE DANGER, to me terifaying fack  out there in between treasures.
Can any of you teach me about
Snakes that are in Ph
how to spot them in forests fealds .....
how to treet a bite .....
is there any chance I can aquipt my self with anty serum
where to buy it .
how much does it cost .....?
I can say openly I am scared more from Snakes then from any booby traps or bad spirits .......Immagining being bited by Cobra or other type of snake in the middle of Jungle,Mountain with 30 min to recive anty venum dose is driving me creasy .
Still I will do it,but again if there is anyone out there that was bitten buy snake and survive or was in close incounter with Snakes or other dangerous creatures while THunting please tell me ,us the story ......thank you
WIND 

ps+ I cant belive that Philipinos I see on YTube on those videos are all walking in slipers ?? true ot forests and fields ......can any body explain it to me ?

Offline Ruby

Re: SNAKE DANGER in THunting how to prevent and treat bites
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 02:11:18 PM »
Zobex will not go to the Philippines for a while, to many snakes in the government.... ;D

Offline spiritofthewind

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 02:27:48 PM »
Ruby do you know any thing about snake anty venum shot .......how to use it ?......is it possible to buy it in Philipins as prived person ?...
Did you ever incounter snakes ? do you know any one from this forum who would give me some information ?
I posted this topic  few members saw it but no ones really made any comment exept you joking which is ok with me I love jokes I will never be upsed just if you will know any of information on my topic pls let me know will you .....thanks
WIND

Offline Ruby

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 09:45:26 PM »
Sorry, no expert. In the Philippines if you got a snake bite you go to ABC or anti bite center, they are in most hospitals.

Here is a facebook page from Department of health about snakes.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDOHgov/photos/snake-bite-dos-and-dontsfamilysafety-childsafety-safety-safekidsweek-childhealth/850594988285088/

Offline spiritofthewind

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2022, 01:50:03 PM »
thank you Ruby ......I read on article of a guy being bitten by Cobra and he stated he cur the wound,sucked poison out  and then added clean Garlic on it . Wound stayed black colored for a week but he survivied .
I mean I know power of Garlic but didnt know that can help in case of Cobras bite wow /////
The guy was far from hospital and he performent self remedie and it worked .
That is what I wish people here would bring more sources like this .

Thank you again WIND

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 09:23:55 PM »
The best thing is DON'T GET BITTEN! Be very careful. You definitely don't want to be messing around with any poison snakes!
TW

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 11:57:59 AM »
Zobex will not go to the Philippines for a while, to many snakes in the government.... ;D

Yea, you are funny, I think you heard I got bit by a cobra while walking a river bank 3 years ago.  Yes, it did scare me I won't lie about that but it was not as bad as you might think.  Foot turned black, yellow dead flesh from the bite area and could not wear sandals for about 6 weeks.  Now I can add that to gun shot wounds, malaria, broken bones, pneumonia and well the list goes on.  My GF was not worried, she just said, " leave it to you to get by a snake.  something else you can add to your story. "

And for the 2 legged snakes, we will see come May elections.  Glad I am too old for this stuff any more.

Z

Offline spiritofthewind

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2022, 09:03:48 AM »
Easy to say //dont get bitten // but what if you did got bitten buy Cobram or other type there are so manny pfff .........and you are  far a way from any hospital .....what then ? I am not an expert on Snakes but what they say in case being bitten by Philipino Cobra you doen .......you have 30 min to recive anty venom shot or you dayed .....NO ?

The best thing is DON'T GET BITTEN! Be very careful. You definitely don't want to be messing around with any poison snakes!
TW

Offline spiritofthewind

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2022, 09:27:59 AM »
I think I read on one of your posts here I didnt hear from anybody ......I am new here and dont know any of you  ..... And to be honest I am not type of person that will ask someone els about nother person .....mostly I speak in person if I need to know something ..
I never had non of those listed examples you give and would not wanted ever to expirience it ......

But seriously you got bitten by Philipino Cobra ? and you survive without a anty dose ? he ? how is that possible ? they say 30 min if not .... kiss it good bye ?? I dont know what to say then I trust your words you have bean lucky then that dosage was most likely very small ........? But what happend if not to much to ask could you tell me the story in detail how it did happened and how did you reackt what did you did after ....was the creak dray ? where was the snake ? did you step on it or scare her have you see her or just felt a bite ....you didnt wear any snake boots ? ...... I know I might be sounding sily with my question but it is important to me to learn form it .......it not to much to ask  for detail description ......you havent bean alone right ...? have you bean after word  to hospital or you continu jurney ....? I mean you got 6 weeks problems with legg I guess .....which part of legg you got bitten ?
Ho ....I would love to know all details you know why because this are the stories you remember you know ...
Zobex you always say //I am to old for this //// so how old are you with all respect ?

Too  sims you are the oldy here on this YTHunting quest ......plus if I understud you have some interesting back ground ......and you are from USA ...right ....it might be perhapse to much question here to ask ......but I would like to talk to you 1/1 if posible .......any suggestion how could I do that and if you are willing ?
its just that you are an open book we would say back in my country a sorce of knowlidge ......I would love to learn from you .......

Yea, you are funny, I think you heard I got bit by a cobra while walking a river bank 3 years ago.  Yes, it did scare me I won't lie about that but it was not as bad as you might think.  Foot turned black, yellow dead flesh from the bite area and could not wear sandals for about 6 weeks.  Now I can add that to gun shot wounds, malaria, broken bones, pneumonia and well the list goes on.  My GF was not worried, she just said, " leave it to you to get by a snake.  something else you can add to your story. "

And for the 2 legged snakes, we will see come May elections.  Glad I am too old for this stuff any more.

Z

Offline spiritofthewind

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2022, 01:38:49 PM »
Shure this information is avaluble all over net
but never the less I finde it important to have this information here too
for those like me bigginers to be more realistic and aware of one of the most dangerous opsticles out there when Treasure Hunting spec.in Philipins .
You see I openly state am S....ing in my pens from idea being bitten buy any of those Snakes deep in an remote area with no acess to medical help ....no gold  is worted .......to this expirience .......I am at the moment doing reasurch on this issue because I decided to spend next 20 years in jungle .
Yamashita Treasure is not the only reason for that but more some how inner call for to be in jungle and leave city live behinde .I mean I am planing for real to sleep in jungle and wonder from place skiping  jungle to load food and water and then again over and over to dive in .Now you all know that life can be boring buy expiriencing only one think for example only nature so Treasure Hunting at the same time .......yes !!! it sims like jin and jang balance between spiritual and material world ......I am just a simple poor white guy same like any other poor Filipino .......difference might be in fackt that I dislike gold and finding or not gold want change my state of minde or made me richer or make my life easier .....other earthy problems comes along the way after you discover the gold ......
How ever Here as fallow I will just post some information I gathered from net about Snakes in PH and some bigginig information of anty venom and its acessibility .....I hope it can be helpfuul to new THunters like my self ......a specialy those they never cross a foot in Jungle  ;)
==========================================================================
Before  you might finde  this topic boring //// down  information consist of:
List with names venomus Philipino Snakes
Antyvenom how is made,where to buy ,how much does it cost etc .......
===========================================================================
Let me do the the quik list of  Snakes with no leggs in Philipins :

1.PHILIPINO COBRA
In the Philippines, there are two cobras:
-(Naja philippinensis) which is distributed in the northern Philippines
-is usually light to olive brown
-Envenomation caused by N. philippinensis :
Once the venom is injected, the neurotoxins of the snake venom disrupt the nerve signal transmissions, and the respiratory functions of the body are jeopardized.
The symptoms include :dizziness, headache, nausea, breathing difficulty, vomiting, diarrhea, and severe abdominal pain.
Venom manifested rapid neuromuscular paralysis that leads to respiratory failure and death
ANTYVENOM :
Philippine Cobra Antivenom /PCAV/
WHERE TO PURCHASE :
I dont know yet if it is posssible to bu as prived person and how much does it cost ????
============================================================================
-Samar cobra  //Naja samarensis// Visayan cobra // Peters’ cobra //
-found in the southern Philippines islands of Visayas (Bohol, Leyte and Samar), Mindanao, Camiguin, Dinagat, Basilan and Siquijor.
grow up to 1.4 m in length
it displays striking body coloration of black and bright
-Envenomation caused by samarensis manifested :
Once the venom is injected, the neurotoxins of the snake venom disrupt the nerve signal transmissions, and the respiratory functions of the body are jeopardized.
The symptoms include :dizziness, headache, nausea, breathing difficulty, vomiting, diarrhea, and severe abdominal pain.
Venom manifested rapid neuromuscular paralysis that leads to respiratory failure and death
ANTYVENOM :
there is however, no antivenom specific for N. samarensis available currently. The Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM) in the Philippines does produce an antivenom raised against N. philippinensis, i.e., the Philippine Cobra Antivenom (PCAV) for domestic use, mainly in the northern region of the country . The supply of PCAV is, however, limited and its clinical use for N. samarensis envenomation has not been well establishe

WHERE TO PURCHASE :
Philippine Cobra Antivenom /PCAV/ is avaluble in hospital
I dont know yet if it is posssible to bu as prived person and how much does it cost ????

As a spitting cobra  ///-Samar cobra  //Naja samarensis//// it is also capable of spitting (or spraying) venom into the eyes of aggressors with pin point acuracy resulting in venom ophthalmia.
WASH IT IMMIDIATLY  WITH LOTS OFF FRESH WATER !!!!
2.Wagler's pit vipe
CroFab [Crotalidae polyvalent immune Fab (ovine)] (FabAV) is currently the only FDA approved anti-venom for the treatment of pit viper bites. The recommended dose for symptomatic pit viper bites range from 4-12 vials initially in both children and adults depending on the presenting signs and symptom.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST :
According to its price list — posted online to satisfy a recent federal requirement — the drug now costs $5,096.76 per vial.
===========================================================================
3.Equatorial spitting cobra.
The average list price for CroFab is $3,198 per vial,
according to the health care information tech company Connecture. Manufacturing costs, product improvements and research all factor into the drug's price, said Chris Sampson, spokesman for BTG. A Mexican version of snake antivenin can cost roughly $200.
4.Lake Taal snake.
5.Yellow-bellied sea snake.
6.Yellow-lipped sea krait.
7.Samar spitting cobra.
8.Palawan long-glanded coral snake.
9.BATAAN PIT VIPER
The freeze-dried Green Pit Viper antivenom must be reconstituted with the solution supplied (or 10 ml of sterile water for injection) prior to the administration.The initial dose of this hematotoxic Green Pit Viper antivenom is 30 ml of reconstituted antivenin that should be given by slow intravenous infusion (approx. 2 ml/min). Subsequent dose can be given every 6 hours according to the clinical symptoms.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST ANTYVENOM ON LINE :  $ 199.00
WHERE TO PURCHASE ON LINE : www.snake-antivenin.com/shop
==========================================================================
PURIFIED COBRA ANTYVENOM  and how this lifesaver is produced?

Horse blood is the primary ingredient in antivenin production. Each ampoule of antivenin contains 4.8 mL of horse blood plasma rich with 800 mouse unit of their antibodies. Horse blood is collected from production horses injected with Cobra Venom Toxoid (CVT). It is a milk-like mixture of 1% snake venom and lanoline. Preparing the CVT is the first stage of antivenin production. Venom is extracted from cobras which is later purified and detoxified for administration among horses. When horses are injected with CVT, horses generate antibodies in reaction to the venom which their bodies recognize as antigens. When horses have generated enough antibodies, their blood is collected for purification.
Horses undergo basic immunization first before being part of antivenin production. Nulliparous horses or horses that have never given birth and have not received any chemicals are screened for health issues, injected with tetanus toxoid, which cleanses horses from toxic foreign bodies, and dewormed. Only then will a horse be ready for hyperimmunization or administration of CVT. A new production horse starts with the lowest dose of CVT. It takes about a year for a production horse to generate sufficient antibodies for blood collection. A horse continues to get hyperimmunization to maintain its amount of antibodies until such time it becomes ready for bleeding. About 10 mL of blood is first collected from a horse for potency testing where it is determined whether or not a horse has generated a sufficient amount of antibodies. Otherwise, a horse is not subjected for bleeding of three liters of blood. Out of the three liters collected for each horse, plasma constitutes two liters, while the remaining one liter contains the red blood cells.

The Institute’s Veterinary Research Department – Experimental Animal Facility Annex (VRDEAFA) is the one responsible for the proper care and maintenance of horses, administration of CVT, and proper collection of horse blood. VRDEAFA administers CVT among horses twice a month and bleeds horses a month and a half after CVT administration.

CVT administration and horse blood collection are conducted in VRD-EAFA’s farm in Bay, Laguna. It houses 17 cobras, 16 of which are of the Naja philippinensis species, while the remaining cobra is of the Naja samarensis species. The venom used for CVT is not extracted from the farm in Los Baños but is outsourced from Brazal Farm in Libmanan, Camarines Sur. Once a year, 200 mL of venom is extracted from Brazal Farm. The cobras available in the Los Baños farm are used for identification of venomous and non-venomous snakes, and demonstrations for medical fellows, rotators, residents, paramedical students, and visitors including on-the-job trainees.

After horse blood collection, VRD delivers the blood to PCAV to start the actual production of antivenin. The horse blood is subjected to complete sedimentation where the red blood cells are separated from the plasma. It takes three days for the red blood cells to completely settle at the bottom. Ideally, 10 liters of plasma should be collected per batch of production. PCAV produces two batches of antivenin every month. In each batch, 350 to 400 ampoules are produced.

After separating the plasma, it will then be subjected to purification. For this process, PCAV employs the Ammonium Sulfate Precipitation Technique. Ammonium Sulfate acts as the primary agent to remove the toxins from the horse blood plasma. This process subjects the horse plasma to two rounds of precipitation and filtration. The first round involves the removal of unwanted protein. Meanwhile, the second round is being done to precipitate the specific antibodies which is the IgG. After purification steps, follow Dialization Process to remove ammonium sulfate.
Once done, horse blood plasma undergoes formulation and sterilization for dispensing and filling, with PCAV taking in the form of ampoules. After accomplishing the dispensing and filling stage, all ampoules are now subjected to the final round of quality control testing. In this stage, ampoules are checked whether they are pyrogenic or not. Pyrogenic ampoules do not proceed to the next stage of production as these can cause patients very high fever which can be fatal. If ampoules have passed quality control, these will be delivered to the labelling department for final packaging for storage and distribution among hospitals and health centers.
Barriers to antivenin production
At present, the most pressing challenge PCAV is facing is the inadequate supply of horse blood plasma for antivenin production. According to Dancel, PCAV is now working with only 7 to 8 liters of horse blood plasma instead of the regular 10 liters of plasma. The current situation traces to VRD-EAFA’s dilemma in their farm in Laguna.
Currently, there is a decrease in number of horses used for bleeding because several horses have become “unfit” for production as VRD-EAFA Section Head, Dr. Marc Louie Monzon has claimed. “There are 31 horses here in the farm, but only 15 out of those horses are used for bleeding. Out of that 15, many horses are unfit for production. As of now, I can say that the toxoid is really strong that even if you feed the horses well, their bodies still remain unfit. That is why
some horses here used for production are thin),” said Dr. Monzon.
The remaining horses are not used for production because they are not mature enough for bleeding. Following the Animal Welfare Act of 1998, pregnant horses are also excluded from CVT administration and bleeding as it may cause harm to pregnant horses and to the offspring they are carrying.Ideally, pregnant horses should not be a common sight in farms dedicated for laboratory purposes. Dancel says that castrated animals are preferred in such farms to avoid breeding. But in VRD’s farm, animals freely graze on the fields which makes breeding a definite possibility.
Due to insufficient funds, VRD’s farm lacks sturdy stables to separate male horses from female horses and adult horses from young horses. Given this situation, VRD-EAFA has resulted to alternative solutions.
“The horses multiply naturally but we try to control it…so we leave the horses tied outside their stables,” Dr. Monzon said.
Dr. Monzon said that the proposal for the improvement of the facility is already in the works. The proposal includes the construction of additional stables, a stable water source, a systematic drainage flow, a small animal laboratory, and an office.
Future for PCAV
PCAV is currently exploring the possibility of transitioning from Ammonium Sulfate Precipitation Technique to using another venom purification technique called the Caprylic Acid Precipitation Technique. Through the latter, the horse blood plasma is subjected to only one round of precipitation and filtration. Moreover, studies also show that it can generate higher yield of antibodies and combats infective viruses better than ammonium sulfate. The only disadvantage is that it is harder to filter as it is oil-based which means that it hardens when it is exposed to low temperatures.
But as per Dancel, ammonium sulfate is still capable of producing a higher antibody titer yield than caprylic acid to purify the IgG contained in the blood plasma. Dancel has experimented combining both ammonium sulfate and caprylic acid for venom purification. Her initial claim is that the antibody titer yield is twice the yield generated by ammonium sulfate. Dancel has finished the first trial of the experiment and shall continue to the third trial to validate her work.
Aside from new venom purification techniques, PCAV is also hoping to expand antivenin production to be able to provide ampoules to more hospitals and health centers.
“If we have already expanded antivenin production, we should distribute ampoules. Much like how vaccines are distributed to every region. As of now, antivenin distribution only works upon request [and submission of utilization report] because we are not capable of supplying in a large scale,” Dancel explained.
Lastly, since PCAV only produces monovalent antivenin specifically targeted to the venom of the Philippine cobra, PCAV aims to procure venom from other species of snakes particularly the Naja samarensis and Naja sumatrana species for the development of a polyvalent antivenin. While a polyvalent antivenin is weaker than a monovalent antivenin, it is still advantageous as it becomes essential in instances when it is difficult to identify which species of snake has bitten a certain victim. PCAV is also open to procuring venom from snakes endemic to other countries for exportation of antivenin.
WHERE TO PURCHASE ON LINE ANTYVENOM :https://www.snake-antivenin.com /////Red Cross Antivenin/////
https://www.snake-antivenin.com/shop
2 or 3 vials of both hematotoxic and neurotoxic antivenin should be enough and are absolutely necessary.
https://www.snake-antivenin.com/?p=83
Hematoxic Polyvalent Snake Antivenom for Asian Snakes as:                       PRIJS :    $ 199.00
Malayan Pit Viper
Green Pit Viper
Russell’s Viper
https://www.snake-antivenin.com/?p=90
Neurotoxic Polyvalent Snake Antivenom for                                                 PRIJS:    $ 199.00
Cobra                                                             
King Cobra
Banded Krait
Malayan Krait Venom
Products are available and ready to ship. They can be used during 5 years before opening the vials.
Individual customers only orders below $1000 are accepted. Also, as our store is mostly aimed to professionals we can only receive payments by bank transfer or money wire.
HOW TO USE :
The freeze-dried Hematotoxic Polyvalent Snake Antivenom must be reconstituted with the solution supplied (or 10 ml of sterile water for injection) prior to the administration.

Dosage of Hematotoxic Polyvalent Snake Antivenom to neutralize Malayan Pit Viper venom, Green Pit Viper venom, and Russell’s Viper venom

The initial dose of this hematotoxic polyvalent snake antivenom is 60 ml of reconstituted antivenin that should be given by slow intravenous infusion (approx. 2 ml/min). Subsequent dose can be given every 6 hours according to the clinical symptoms.

Contra-indication

None, unless the patient is known to be hypersensitive to constitutions of the product, appropriate precautions must be taken.

Side effects

Occasionally, transient tenderness at the injection site, cutaneous reaction and alterations in temperature may occur. In some cases nausea, vomiting and also circulatory reactions (e.g. tachycardia, bradycardia, hypotension, sweating, vertigo) and allergic reactions (e.g. with flush, urticaria, dyspnea) have been observed, extending in isolated cases as far as shock. Therefore, the patient should be monitored for an extended period of time.Therapeutic measures depend on the nature and severity of side effects. Antihistamines, if necessary adrenaline, high doses of corticosteroids, volume replacement, oxygen.

Special precautions

Since the Hematotoxic Polyvalent Snake Antivenom is prepared from horse serum, sensitization to heterologous protein may occur in some individuals. To avoid serious allergic reactions, skin test should be performed prior to the administration by injection of 0.02 ml of 1:100 antivenin dilution intradermally. It should be noted that the skin test may not predict the anaphylaxis nor delay serum sickness reactions.

Storage and stability

Keep in tightly closed container and store below 25-degree Celsius. The product shall have a shelf life of 5 years from the manufacturing date.
Do all hospitals carry snake antivenom?
Most of the smaller hospital emergency departments do not have enough anti-venom. ... The hospital with the most CroFab is where you need to drive to if swelling and pain are developing.
WHAT IS DRAY BITE ?
If you have NO swelling and NO pain then you most likely had a “dry bite” or bite from a nonvenomous snake.8 Apr 2021

DOES INSURANCE COVER SNAKE ANTI-VENOM  ?
Depending on the plan, most insurance companies cover a portion of the anti-venom. Both patients we talked to paid more than $3,000 out-of-pocket.
ok those are just some basic information gathered on one place together ........I will tray in next post to digg more information in relation of inhabitance of each 9 Snakes .....true out Philippins .....
cheers
WIND

PS : please be free to share any of your story if you had any incounter with any of snakes  while Treasure Hunting ......I would be delited to hear some of Philipino THunters speaking about they are knowlidge or awarnes about Snakes ........you guys are from Island  you grow up with Snakes so yea  some of you knows a lot about it .......

/////Sharing information we become to be free /////