Author Topic: This YTH forum doomed to be irrelevant  (Read 8918 times)

Offline Gboy

This YTH forum doomed to be irrelevant
« on: April 27, 2010, 09:13:49 PM »
YTHr,

The TRUTH HURTS but....
This YTH forum/threads is another example of YTH forum that is going for the dogs with these endless OT arguments...and Out of Topic inputs and criticism.
If not properly manage...give and take few months and this YTH forum will also abandoned for LACK OF NEW YTH TOPIC AND INFOS.... ...and it will become irrelevant anymore just like other YTH forums  >:(.

This forum is supposed to be for TREASURE TOPICS AND INFOS ONLY....but it became FAVORITE HANG OUTS FOR OUT OF TOPIC ENDLESS ARGUMENTS AND EGO TRIPPING....

Ok guys if you have no more YTH inputs here....WHERE IS THE NEW EXCITING YTH FORUM TO PLAY and ROAM AROUND at pwedeng pagtambayan?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:51:26 PM by janner »

Offline Janner

Re: This YTH forum doomed to be irrelevant
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 09:51:53 PM »
I will now undertake to "clean up" the mess.
Any post that is totally "Off Topic" will be "deleted or removed. even mine"..

(You have the forum to post your jokes and Rants at the bottom).

This will include any "Fictitious emails, long winded nonsensical posts" and the like.

The "Baygon" is now on Fully Automatic and has started NOW. !!!!   (2pm)

I hope the members will understand why it has to be done, and post related info in the correct forum places.

Thanks

« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:50:44 PM by janner »

Offline Janner

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:59:38 PM »
Page one has been done on the forum.....

Page two coming up !

Offline Gboy

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 01:10:01 AM »
YTHr,

I hope my post...will JOLTS us all......If we want to have a good and informative YTH forum.

1) Then let us ALL.....behave, very careful in every criticism/comments, sensitive and understanding to one another.
2) If you want to criticize or comments to others opinion. Do it in a manner that will not insult the person but instead will answer only the related topic.
3) Each one of us has its own expertise and limitations, therefore we must be sensitive in giving reaction, commentaries, so that we cannot insult or undermine one's expertise, knowledge or limitations. In other words, lets respect each others expertise wither its helpful to us or not.
4) As much as possible lets avoid Out of Topic opinions/reactions so that we will concentrate more on Treasure Hunting input and infos.
5) We are all Yam Treasure Hunters....therefore we must DISCIPLINE first our self before we expect from others.

GOOD LUCK AND LETS START TO TREASURE HUNT....
  :o

Offline Corel

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 04:24:47 AM »
YTHr,

I hope my post...will JOLTS us all......If we want to have a good and informative YTH forum.

1) Then let us ALL.....behave, very careful in every criticism/comments, sensitive and understanding to one another.
2) If you want to criticize or comments to others opinion. Do it in a manner that will not insult the person but instead will answer only the related topic.
3) Each one of us has its own expertise and limitations, therefore we must be sensitive in giving reaction, commentaries, so that we cannot insult or undermine one's expertise, knowledge or limitations. In other words, lets respect each others expertise wither its helpful to us or not.
4) As much as possible lets avoid Out of Topic opinions/reactions so that we will concentrate more on Treasure Hunting input and infos.
5) We are all Yam Treasure Hunters....therefore we must DISCIPLINE first our self before we expect from others.

GOOD LUCK AND LETS START TO TREASURE HUNT....
  :o

I commend you for this Gboy... Thanks  8)

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 02:28:45 PM »
Gboy,

I beg to differ with you my friend. Out of the many, many (thousands.. I mean.. MILLIONS.. ) of Internet forums out there.. that have been around for any length of time (that weren't started YESTERDAY.. in other words) please show me ONE that doesn't have the same stuff going on. This is life.. and all people have their own MINDS.. and OPINIONS.. and this is the way people people think and their brains work. Haven't you noticed, that, all it takes is a single RESPONDING SENTENCE (or KEY WORD) and then its very easy for the next person to suddenly SEGWAY (change direction) of that topic into another completely different subject/direction, so, in my opinion, your post here is completely UNTRUE about TSEATC.

Us Moderators CAN'T control people and their different thinking (and we're not trying to) BUT we can certainly TRY and keep things CIVIL here and MOST of the info here in the different topics as close as possible to that related topic. The bottom line is, we're doing our best and I think we're all doing a pretty good job and I don't think or feel that TSEATC is doomed anytime soon.. like you're suggesting here.

Cheers to us all!
TW

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 02:33:38 PM by admin »

t_hunter44

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 05:54:01 PM »
Gboy,
     Was that really you making these proposals for a change in a manner how we conduct ourselves. Not the same Gboy that I know, if you have a fever, take some medicine. I just cannot believe that someone like you can make a 360 degree turn, just like that, and I have seen your postings all over the place. You are out of character but then, who am I to say that someone like you cannot make a complete turnaround. I'd say, seeing is believing and action speaks better than words.

Offline Gboy

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 06:13:48 PM »
Admin,

You maybe correct or I maybe wrong. But among the Yam THrs here, I am the one who have been in several Yamashita Treasure forums. Meaning I have seen YT HUnters move from one YTH forum to another, simply bcoz of endless arguments, insults and out of topic criticism or commentaries. And believe me, once a YTH blogger left...it will take years for him to visit that forum again....or maybe never.
   Some YTH bloggers started from Spindle...Treasurenet....Ming.....GreatTH....THUnting...and now TSEATC....what next? And everytime YTH bloggers left that forum...Yamashita treasure forum usually become irrelevant.

Its true everybody is free to give opinions/criticism....but if you are on the battering end, who YTHr will enjoy being insulted, criticize and disrespected by just giving your YTH opinions, most likely if he can't take it anymore, he will move to another YTH forum. BTW, Yam THr are only a few existing bloggers.

Just like treasure hunting...I always learn from experience. As I have said if the insult, endless arguments, personal criticism will not be controlled...this YTH forum will be irrelevant.
I maybe be wrong...and hopefully its not too late.

T-Hunter44,
Like what you said...I have been in all over YTH forums...quarrel here...running arguments there...endless criticism here and  running insult there,etc,etc....AND IT SEEMS SOME YTH BLOGGERS ARE ALSO FOLLOWING MY STYLE becoming unproductive quarrelsome to fellow YTHr....nagiging palaban at palaaway sa kapwa hunter, imbes na matulungin.

So I gave you two directions now to follow:....either you go this way... or the other way. Its your choice.

t_hunter44

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 07:34:22 PM »
GBoy, That will be the day if I follow your style. I never did ask for anything in any forum and I do not brag about how much knowledge I have in Treasure hunting, nor I have any sites that is ready for hauling and I cannot bring out even one gold bar nor do I ask for financiers for hauling. If you can really do a 360 degree turnaround, good for you. There are instances where people will start firing at you with insults and on many occasions, some were just questioning your post and you immediately start throwing words of insults, like Ogag, envious, jealous and ignorant and of course you get  back some flack. Now, if you can refrain or forget using those words, you might have lesser or no more confrontations, just my 2 cents worth.

Offline Gboy

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 08:31:28 PM »
T-Hunter44,

I will never turn around 360 degrees if and only if its related to Yama treasure hunting topics...like my cave/tunnel sites, hauling and financiers and stuff...I don't mind answering/debating those questions.

But if its already Out of Topic... running senseless arguments, personal insults and stuff. I think most of us here...do not want that kind of blogs anymore. Thats why we are here to CHANGE IT.

However, if most of you here wanted that way (endless OT arguments, insults and stuff)...believe me...one by one your fellow YTHr will be bored, dissatisfied and shy away from this forum and it will become irrelevant like everybody else.... Believe it or Not >:(

Offline Janner

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 09:39:54 PM »
I have just done a walk abut around the various TH sites, and they are not much different than ours, 'cept locations,

however they all seem to have the same goings on, good debates and arguments as well. Some leave, for various reasons, and the "old Timers" stay no matter what.

But what i do see is that the "Moderators" are quick on the job in keeping the forums civil and they 'clean up' when required. And many are banned too.

So we here in our own forum we are doing quite well, cleaning up and moderating, although more lenient than others, no ones banned as yet. (?)

all that remains now is that members post their topics in the relevant section, long winded replies of varying natures are curtailed and nonsensical posts stop.
 Then i can put the "Baygon" away...... ;)

(But not that far) :D

Offline Gener

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 11:56:14 PM »
I certainly dont believe that this site will be doomed,,hardcore Th people and many new th enthusiasts and researchers and even common people starts to swarm here...

Offline Janner

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 12:02:02 AM »
Monthly Summary     New Topics     New Posts     New Members     Most Online
April 2010                 65               1700                 198                          35
March 2010                 55                 627                 222                          48

Looking at the boards stats, we are not doing to bad at all. in fact better than last month... ;)

Offline boylara

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 07:42:19 PM »
hahahahahahaha....well Gboy may be right!!!
"So Near Yet So Far"

t_hunter44

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 07:56:53 PM »
Boylara,
      What makes you believe that Gboy just might be right, can you elaborate on that. I have seen other forums and this site has more professional people,  conduct and behavior is so much better than other blogging sites, arguments unfortunately is here but its limited to a few people and we have not deviated that much from the purpose of this forum, to exchange experiences and knowledge about the subject of treasure hunting. Go ahead, we are listening.