Author Topic: what is this stone?  (Read 7694 times)

Offline fernando

what is this stone?
« on: May 05, 2010, 02:50:02 AM »
hi guys a friend of mine found found 42 peices of this stone in a cemetery.. he entrusted me 1 peice of it.. dont know what is it.. probably will take it to a gemologist.. and hope something valuable.
IF YOU FOUND YOURSELF IN A DEEP HOLE
" STOP DIGGING"

Offline fernando

Re: what is this stone?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 02:52:58 AM »
picture 2
" STOP DIGGING"

Offline Janner

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 04:48:20 AM »
it looks almost "soft" similiar to a resin, or agate....(lots of marks on it)

I dont think its a valuable stone, but of interest as to why they were there?

Offline Gboy

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 05:05:26 AM »
hi guys a friend of mine found found 42 peices of this stone in a cemetery.. he entrusted me 1 peice of it.. dont know what is it.. probably will take it to a gemologist.. and hope something valuable.
Baka naman buto yan ng Japs? (maybe its Japs bones?)...joke  ;D

Offline fernando

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 05:08:48 AM »
ha ha ha ha! :D must be from a spanish collector of stones...found it on an old spanish crypt
" STOP DIGGING"

Offline Pt Boat/CaveinTunnel

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 07:22:46 AM »
its an raw cloudy diamond possible in its shape and appearance

t_hunter44

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 09:54:41 AM »
Those 42 pieces of stone,you did not say, are they all of the same size and shape. If they are not, chances are they are just river rocks.You can see all kinds of stones and shapes like that in the rivers and is not even related to treasure. My 2 cents worth.

Offline Gener

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 11:38:46 AM »
Maybe some kids playing JACK & POY on that area many years ago and they forgot to keep their toy stones   ;D :D :D

Offline fontokis

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 04:00:43 AM »
That stone is similar to Native beads worn here in mountain province, my grandma owns a necklace of that, She believed that those beads were traded by chinese here long ago.. 

Offline fernando

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 05:05:51 AM »
T44
according to my friend its all the same size and form. they found it while digging from an alleged T site which is in an old spanish time cemetery...they found a concrete box like a crypt and they took the crypt to plastic recycling yard where they broke open this crypt.

i just took it to a jewelrer this noon, she tested it with is black instrument with a ballpoint needle and told me its funny because it has a reading of a diamond.. she sets it in a very low knob. still it gives a reading of a diamond, the problem is she never traded raw diamonds just in case it is a uncut diamond...

i have a gemologist contacted GEMLAB in wack wack towers mandaluyong city.. but the test will cost me 6,600 pesos just to know if its a raw diamond..im still thingking about it.....
" STOP DIGGING"

Angel_09

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 07:35:26 AM »
Fernando,

Check this out:
These symbols are use to indicate the different degrees of diamond clarity. A perfect diamond is flawless, which means that there is nothing in it in the form of clouds, bubbles or mineral inclusions to block the flow of light by international standard. A diamond is graded with a loupe of 10x power. Inclusions are easily spotted this way.

FL - Flawless. This means that the diamond is pure and without any visible inclusion under 10x loupe magnification.

IF - Internally flawless. It means that insignificant marks or inclusions are seen with the use of the loupe.

VVSI – Very Very slight Inclusion (1). Inclusions are extremely difficult to detect. Almost invisible.

VVS2 – Very Very slight Inclusion (2). Inclusions are still very difficult to detect.

VS1 – Very Slight Inclusion. Inclusions are difficult to see face up.

VS2 – Very Slight Inclusion (2). Inclusions are somewhat easily detected under loupe magnification

SI1 – Slight inclusion (1). Inclusion is easily found under loupe magnification

SI2 – Slight Inclusion (2).  Inclusion is very easy to detect under loupe magnification. It may be seen at the pavilion with naked eye.

I – Imperfect or “Pique”. Inclusion can be easily seen even naked or unaided eye.

COLOR

Diamonds maybe of different colors. However, it is the colorless ones that command the highest values. The color tints of diamonds start with yellow.
Diamonds also come in other colors like brown, green, pink, orange and blue. Diamonds in these colors are rare and are called fancies. Colored diamonds do not have as much brilliance as the colorless ones, though.

The following is a chart on diamond color grading. The percentage refers to yellow tint. As the percentage decreases, the yellow tint increases:

PERCENTAGE                                            LETTER

Colorless                 
                                            100%                                                         D
                                              99%                                                         E
                                              98%                                                         F
                                              97%                                                         G
Near Colorless         
                                              96%                                                         H
                                              95%                                                          I                                                       
                                              94%                                                          J
                                              93%                                                         K
Slightly tinted White
                                              92%                                                          L
                                              92%                                                          M
                                              90%                                                          N

Very light yellow
                                              89%                                                          O
                                              88%                                                          P
                                              87%                                                          Q
Light Yellow to
Fancy Yellow                                                                                        R-Z

Offline cap miwa

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 08:38:51 AM »
look at this photo of argyle diamonds. are they similar?

Offline fernando

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 08:29:49 PM »
cap miwa
yes they are almost similar in shape which is octathedral,and i think in size too, but not the color... thanks cap.

angel,

its difficult for me to say it is a diamond, it is not colorless. there is a shade of light yellow in it...but there are some parts that when it encounters light oh how they really sparkle.! .. and compared to a stone this size, this one is much heavier..but initial test says so...anyway if its a diamond as the case maybe still there are no buyers here for raw uncut diamonds,secondly maybe the value of the stones is very cheap,im still thingking of taking it to a gemologist ..that will cost me almost 7000 bucks. :D  Janner has a point when he commented the manner of keeping the stones... i only wonder why the keeper of this stones encase this many stones inside a small cement box buried it 5 feet under inside a spanish time cemetery chapel...maybe they value it during those early days. thanks for the much needed info sir.
" STOP DIGGING"

Offline Janner

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 10:37:09 PM »
There is a gem stone shop in one of the malls, they value stones and were free last time i went, (few yrs ago) but worth googleing them...

I think it was makati cinema square..(?)

old style uncut diamonds are worth less than the new one ones, but even so, maybe enough value to finance your project(?)
or even buy a new video cam for your project. ;)