Author Topic: what are these stones?  (Read 6957 times)

Offline axis

what are these stones?
« on: November 01, 2010, 05:54:39 AM »
hello,
 thanks, after a long time i was able to login again, anyway, i would like to ask if there is anybody who has a knowledge about these kind of stones...... according to the owner(who is a son of the person who find these), it was taken from a "gusi" or a jar when his father is plowing their field(that was a long time ago), the jar was accidentally hit by his father plow or "araro," please give any idea,thanks

axis

coolfun125

Re: what are these stones?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 04:18:39 PM »
Axis, look for a jeweler if these are Onyx, but my guess is that you might have precious stones inside these. Try breaking one, carefully.

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »
I've seen those kinds of stones before and they are only found in a few places around the world and the Philippines is one of the places. You can sell those. I will try and source what the name is for you.
TW

Offline raquel_lyks

• Global Moderator
  • Viewing Who's Online.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 06:33:00 PM »
axis,
     if it is found in the jar.. that stones has a value and maybe there are more precious stone they found that jar .. or maybe they left that stone because they find out that that stones has no value.. or maybe that stone is a sign... ???

BTW, do you have a photos of the jar.. i'm interested with the Jar.... ;D

Raqz ;)
:) : Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together..:)

Offline axis

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 02:14:16 AM »
mam racquel, unfortunately, the jar is gone and not with them,according to the son, there are three persons plowing the field when his father hit the jar(his father and the other two farmer friends ) and there are some other stones (white stones) together with these black stones, they divided the stones among them leaving these to his father.this happens a along long time ago, by the way, the sketch of the place where they got is this, above this land is a big rock which is shaped like an skull,that's why the place is called "mabungo," because on the cave near the place, the people there found several skulls.

sir tony, please let me know the name

thanks,

axis

Offline boboi

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 05:47:16 AM »
axis wait tony's reply.he might bringing good news to you...

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 06:03:56 AM »
Just an advice: Those stones won't work without the other complete pieces brought together. Do not break it too, no matter what.

My word, take it or leave it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 06:15:29 AM by DINDO BAYAUA »

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 05:19:52 PM »
Just an advice: Those stones won't work without the other complete pieces brought together. Do not break it too, no matter what.

My word, take it or leave it.

Well, I don't think so. Those stones are not 'magical' or anything like that. What I know is those types of stones are only found in a few places around the world and, like I said before, the Philippines happens to be one of the places.

Still working on it, Axis.
TW

Offline yamideo

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 10:26:24 PM »
Those stones looks like Tektite minerals more common in Pangasinan area.

Tektites are natural globules of pure glass that have fallen from the sky. It is believed to have been formed when a meteor/comet struck the Earth on the Gulf of Thailand, exploding a million tons of molten rock up through the atmosphere. This material then fell back to earth and was widely distributed over an area which extends from Australia to Madagasgar and as far north as China.
Impact Age: 7,500 yea

Offline Janner

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 11:16:31 PM »
quite amazing really so...
this may be of interest to you......

http://www.tektites.co.uk/veryquickguide.html

Offline raquel_lyks

• Global Moderator
  • Viewing Who's Online.
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 12:18:14 AM »
:) : Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together..:)

Offline axis

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 02:50:56 AM »
thanks for the info......... by the way these stones are so hard and they can scratch a glass or any kind of bottle.......at first, i thought these were black obsidian rocks but they are different........ anyway, if there is anyone who are interested to buy these(as the owner would like to sell) you can email me,

many many thanks again

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 03:34:03 AM »
Yes,! That's what they are. He can sell those on the internet cause there's buyers for those stones.
TW

Offline LowsyTHunter

• nakama
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 11:34:26 PM »
Got one of this stone for a couple of years but don't know what it is till now.  ;D ;D ;D It was given from a friend who found these stone in the mountain somewhere south of cebu. He said there is more stone like these but he only know the place, he just want to know what it is but i myself cant figure it out for the past years. Will upload my pic for comments...

lth
give more, expect less, live simple...