Author Topic: What Is This?  (Read 17750 times)

Offline Goldenwarrior72

What Is This?
« on: July 30, 2019, 07:26:41 AM »
Ok Boys and Girls,

Can anyone identify what this round ball is?

Also these swords, can anybody recommend where things like these can be sold in the Philippines?

This stuff all looks far to clean and well kept to me, to have ever been buried, unless sealed in a tight box.

any ideas and recommendations would be much appreciated.

Just trying to keep this part of the forum alive, since it's been about 2 years since the last post.

Offline Goldenwarrior72

Re: What Is This?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 07:28:13 AM »
More pics

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 12:47:29 PM »
I have no idea about that round black ball but those swords are beautiful! Where did you get those?
TW

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 12:07:11 AM »
More pics

I collect Samurai blades.  These things are modern say 2018 Chinese made crap sold all over the world.  Less than$100usd each.  It's being imported into the PH then monkeyed with and sold locally to people who do not know they are fake.  Collecting Japanese blades is a very competitive and expensive activity.  In all my years in the PH, finding true real blades is now very difficult because over the years the Japanese have been combing the islands and they pay top dollar for any blade or firearm.

Back in 1997 I was tracking down a very precious blade found on Panay island.  This one was pulled from a pyramid of gold bars, the top weapon on the peak.  This was a dry steel door vault and was a blade the Japanese had been looking for some time.  One of my PH partners, his cousin had found the bunker and the blade on the top.  I was there for the blade and not the gold at the time ( stupid me ).  A spectacular blade with gold inlays.  While I was scraping up the hard cash to pay for it, the Japanese came to Iloilo with tracking team to find the old guy and get the blade at any cost.  He went on a run and the blade and him disappeared never to be seen or heard of again.  So much for that.

Z

Offline Goldenwarrior72

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 01:17:42 AM »
Thank you for that deep and informative insight on this, Zobex.

I was suspecting these were crap since they appear far too new, apart from the U.S. Blade which I suspect is not worth much.
Thing that is puzzling me is the glass ball which they say weighs 40Kg.

tninja

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 05:13:17 AM »
More pics

I collect Samurai blades.  These things are modern say 2018 Chinese made crap sold all over the world.  Less than$100usd each.  It's being imported into the PH then monkeyed with and sold locally to people who do not know they are fake.  Collecting Japanese blades is a very competitive and expensive activity.  In all my years in the PH, finding true real blades is now very difficult because over the years the Japanese have been combing the islands and they pay top dollar for any blade or firearm.

Back in 1997 I was tracking down a very precious blade found on Panay island.  This one was pulled from a pyramid of gold bars, the top weapon on the peak.  This was a dry steel door vault and was a blade the Japanese had been looking for some time.  One of my PH partners, his cousin had found the bunker and the blade on the top.  I was there for the blade and not the gold at the time ( stupid me ).  A spectacular blade with gold inlays.  While I was scraping up the hard cash to pay for it, the Japanese came to Iloilo with tracking team to find the old guy and get the blade at any cost.  He went on a run and the blade and him disappeared never to be seen or heard of again.  So much for that.

Z

If im ever successful, i would love to collect Japanese swords. I became interested after watching an episode of Expedition Unknown. The one where he's looking for the most treasured sword of Japan that got lost when the U.S. took over Japan after WW2 and started confiscating all the swords. He met with a wealthy Japanese collector and actually held a 600 year old sword made by the same swordsmith. Id recommend you watch that episode if you havent already. That sword was stunningly beautiful. I had never seen anything like it, fell in love right away. Just when you think of the amount of skill, years upon years of experience reaching a true state of mastery that was put in to making that sword. I mean, you look at it, you can see that it would be possible to slice someone's body in half with little effort. These really old quality swords are on a whole other level most people arent even aware of. The Japanese believe they are actually alive. Really cool stuff

tninja

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 05:34:16 AM »
"Samurai Sword of Power" is the episode. About the legendary Hanjo Masamune. A magical samurai sword that gives the one who has it the power to rule all of Japan. That episode actually has a scene where a collector shows him a Masamune sword. And im here to tell you right now... That thing is IMPRESSIVE

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 09:25:07 AM »
I saw that episode. It was amazing. But.. do you think you will ever be able to afford a multi-million dollar Japanese sword like those??
TW

"Samurai Sword of Power" is the episode. About the legendary Hanjo Masamune. A magical samurai sword that gives the one who has it the power to rule all of Japan. That episode actually has a scene where a collector shows him a Masamune sword. And im here to tell you right now... That thing is IMPRESSIVE

tninja

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 11:33:57 PM »
I saw that episode. It was amazing. But.. do you think you will ever be able to afford a multi-million dollar Japanese sword like those??
TW

I don't think I will be able to, I know I will be able to. The Power of Positive Thinking.

You have to let it all go, Tony. Fear, doubt and disbelief. Free your mind.

;)

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 10:23:27 AM »
I agree. Go for it! ;)
TW

TW

I don't think I will be able to, I know I will be able to. The Power of Positive Thinking.

You have to let it all go, Tony. Fear, doubt and disbelief. Free your mind.

;)

Offline jerzx

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2019, 07:58:25 PM »

I was suspecting these were crap since they appear far too new, apart from the U.S. Blade which I suspect is not worth much.

I remember one of my friend years ago told me that they unearth one Samurai sword inside the cave when they do treasure hunting,  when they bring the sword during night time they can't sleep because the sword is moving and creating some noise. They are very scared so they decided to put the sword inside the nipa house which nobody is sleeping during the night. . . They observed that every night still the sword is creating some noise. .. Its scary inded !

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 02:47:31 AM »
Masamune was an interesting and totally evil possessed sword maker.  Truly possessed by some evil force.  When he made a blade he spent the entire 2 weeks cursing and invoking evil spirits to help him make the most powerful blade to kill as many people as possible.  Not just honorable fights, just kill as many as possible.  People were either totally afraid of him or wanted his access to evil spirits to help then kill people.  Truly it seeps there was an evil force in his work and that evil force also helped him make some fantastic killing blades.  Over time a lot of his blades were deliberately destroyed because evil followed them.  For a short period of time I had one but got rid of it, at a good price I must say.

I have three Katana's that are possessed to some degree, when you pick them up in the evening, you can feel the energy.  Not evil though.  Also one small tanto blade that is possessed so I am told by the Japanese recovery team that examined it last year.  You must tread possessed blades very carefully, they can not be sold for profit or material gain and treated like a living object.  Hard for western people to understand.

Z

TW

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2019, 01:09:28 PM »
When ever you find a sword like that Don't move it without full photographs and study.  Even the Tsuka aka the handle if just that.  That is a code marker and the sword length / tip points  in the direct direction of a treasure.  Any time you find a sword, if not with a skeleton, it is a distinct code marker.

Z

I remember one of my friend years ago told me that they unearth one Samurai sword inside the cave when they do treasure hunting,  when they bring the sword during night time they can't sleep because the sword is moving and creating some noise. They are very scared so they decided to put the sword inside the nipa house which nobody is sleeping during the night. . . They observed that every night still the sword is creating some noise. .. Its scary inded !

Offline Goldenwarrior72

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2019, 06:21:30 PM »
Zobex, that is some creepy stuff indeed.

What about the single, lone rifles found, without anything else around them, can that also be a marking?
I was brought to a site just last week, a series of cut limestone tunnels through a series of large rock formations.
It was a large camp area, anyway, at one end of the land, away from the tunnels, around 30 years ago, kids found the butt of a rifle sticks out a crack in the rock, and it took some time for them to pull the thing out, it was stuffed into a solid crack in a sort of stone roof, but below it is a soft spot, which looks like it may be back filled. Father was a religious nut so he grabbed the rifle and hid it again...

Offline jerzx

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2019, 08:44:29 PM »
When ever you find a sword like that Don't move it without full photographs and study.  Even the Tsuka aka the handle if just that.  That is a code marker and the sword length / tip points  in the direct direction of a treasure.  Any time you find a sword, if not with a skeleton, it is a distinct code marker.

Z

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just sharing i don't know if this is related to buried treasure. Way back 1989 my father accidentally found a buried Japanese sword near the bamboo tree, when he dig for a foundation of his Nipa hut. but the sword is inverted to its casing (I mean its not properly place to its casing) so my late dad put some oil in it then few weeks he was able to removed completely the swords to its original casing. to my amazement the sword still in good condition.. Unfortunately when my dad passed away somebody stole the sword.
I made some research with regards to the type of the sword and found its name ( Japanese WWII Infantry Officer’s KYU GUNTO )

Here is the coordinate were the sword was unearthed ( 10°58'48.3"N 123°57'09.7"E ).

Sword photo attached