Author Topic: Scams in Mindanao  (Read 23591 times)

Offline junex143

• In everything happen GOD has a purpose ^_^®
Scams in Mindanao
« on: July 22, 2011, 06:42:41 AM »
Scams in Mindanao

It was last September 2009 when my 2 uncle have been a victim in this gold buying scam here in Mindanao, story is .. my uncle no.1 who live somewhere in marilog district talk to my uncle no.2 here in down town that there is a man who ask him how to sell a gold? And ask him to find a buyer on that said gold. So my uncle no.2 look for buyer on said gold so that he can earn a little percentage if it is already sold.
The story of that gold as what the bearer told them is,.. those gold are being found inside the cave long time ago by the grandfather of the owner,(note the guy who make a transaction with them is not the owner he is only the trusty of the owner),he said that the owner now is very old and that’s why the owner decide to find some buyer to those thing, the guy said that those gold are being kneeled down and offer prayer with it, they made it something like a god, he also said that the owner did not know how to speak in visaya or any language (they only knows bagobo’s dialect)that’s why he is the one making a deal with it, he also said that every time that there are already a lot of people knows the house of the owner they will find other location and build their house again for their security cause they are afraid that they will be killed because of that said gold. He also add that there are already a lot of buyer have a test on that gold bar (these is fact cause even my uncle saw it that there are too many small cut/hole in that bar)  and they found that it is a real but they don’t sell it to those buyers cause the transaction will be made in the bank or hotel, he said that the owner is afraid to go in the city, the owner afraid even saw a car.. they only want to make a transaction in their area, and they are the one who will chose where and when.  

After all that story my 2 uncle already believe him and after a few months my uncle no.2 have already a buyer that will transact in the their area, that’s on the middle of January 2010 but sad to say that the buyer cannot proceed here in Davao city cause election day is coming and there is a gun band in everywhere, cause the buyer brings many body guard with firearms for security reason. So that they will have to re schedule it after the election.
Then, after the election have already finish …..there they are…
When those bagobos  back to the transaction , communicate with my 2 uncle ,then my uncle ask to show it again the gold bar, and woow they bring it another bar of gold cause that first bar sold and stolen with the close friend of the owner “they said”.,. So they do it again from the start,.. get sample and test it. But the sad thing is they found that the bar is fake so they return it back the sample to the guy(the bagobo,) but the guy get angry and said “you change the sample, our object is real” then the guy give my uncle no.2 a big bang.. punch … then my uncle run as fast as he can until he is gone to the highway .buti na lang hindi naabotan kundi dedo sana..
The very sad thing also is my 2 uncle was found in debt, cause this bagobos when they were in the house of my uncle they will ask everything they want like, they don’t have any rice in there house so my uncle give them any supply they want , rice, coffee and etc.
After that happen those bagobos still communicating with my uncle no.1 and told him to find another buyer, they said “the buyer of your brother did change the sample we give with a fake one, so I punch him” and they get angry with my uncle no.2, for now my uncle no.1 change his simcard, so no communication at all and they don’t see with each other anymore.
That’s the story end ….but the fact is, if the 1st. bar was done dealing and buyer will go in the area and bring millions of money to buy that gold bar, they will turn the Philippine flag upside down cause they will be getting war with each other….. the turning point of the scam plan is if the buyer will surely buy it they will change it with a fake one but if they will do that it’s the big war between the buyer’s group and the scammer’s group cause the buyer of my uncle will bring a lot of security with big firearms and these scammers have also big firearms…good thing is because of that election this was not happen at all.
My cousin can also testify this case, he is working somewhere in Bukidnon, he said that the first gold bar is real but it is only (paun/pangkati in bisaya)or just to make the buyer/people they will encounter believe that they are selling a real one but in the end they will change it, he said that almost all people there in bukidnon is scammer’s in fact some of his friend there are member of that scammer’s and if they can hit victim and earn big money from that kind of work then they will drink as many as they can for free together with my cousin, but my cousin is not a member(they’re just friend) he has his own work in there, a legal work..jejeje
My cousin told me that there are different rule played every member involve in this group it is like a game plan being played by different people, first is
(mangguyuray in visaya) or they are those people who will carry buyer’s contact/asset/trusty or it could be you to their co-member.
Ex. they would say that he/she has a contact that has a gold to be sell and if you agree with it and talk to his/her contact then you are about to fall in a scam, then at the end of the transaction if you find that it was a fake they will just say “I don’t know that they are selling a fake one”.
The second is the one who will make a deal with you if you want to see the item. →this is the contact of the first one who will text/call him/her.
The third one is those said the owner of the item this member is the one bringing the item to make you see it and test it. →note: there are some in this part of the transaction that you will ask you to give money to them cause their reason is you have already seen there item and if you regret to do that your head will be take off .. our financier is already a victim also in this kind of transaction after he saw the 1 bar and 1 budha they ask money, he also saw a dead body in the area, looks like a week sense die cause it is already smells bad and he ask them what happen to him? They answer that they kill him cause he stolen the gold bar we bring, after that he get some money in his pocket and gave them.. the fact is if he did not gave them money as a pay for his seeing on their item he will be like on that poor dead man. He said that the item they bring is 100% fake, because the colour of the budha is totally like bronze.    

In other case … There are also some story that they will say “those man is already out of this transaction cause he is not honest “and they will add “only you will hold this transaction cause the others are not honest”.in short they want you to know that they trust you more than the others (but still those others are still there co member trying also to find buyers on that item)
Take note my cousin told to me that they are too nice in making some story like drama drama  and all there story are believable if you first heard there story.my cousin said that magaling masyado yan cla kung mag drama sometimes they apply like crying (artistahin hahahaha )
Beware in this place , from marilog dist.up to marahan,bukidnon and all near places in bukidnon I can’t memorize all places there but my uncle said that the origin of that fake gold bar is in bukidnon.
I’ve heard a story about why the people in Bukidnon do all this bad things. Long time ago we back the time of Marcos, the people of Bukidnon have found a big bunker site, then after that Marcos went there and promised that he will sell it and he will go back and give them the money as what it worth. Then after that Marcos came back together with those gold and said that those are all fake. but the people know that it’s not fake so they think that Marcos exchange real one with the fake one and gave back to the people. And that’s the start of dealing with a fake gold and scam.
 What do you think? Is it really true? cause this is only a story I’ve heard and also at the time of Marcos I am not yet born in this world hehehehe.. I’ve also heard that there are some machine in making  fake gold bar hidden in the cave on that place.
My cousin also told me that this group of scammers are very hard to put in jail and sentence with a life time cause they are highly protected with some government officials and big syndicate on that area, if there are some member of the group caught by the police and put into jail, the day after tomorrow they will be free again and back to work, back to scam. They are also armed with high power firearms.
This is just the story of my cousin who lived and work there a couple of year.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:09:38 AM by DINDO BAYAUA »
™YOU WILL NEVER KNOW UNLESS YOU TRY!!!®

Offline Dellumidaz

Re: Scams in Mindanao
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 07:11:54 AM »
I believe in your story junex143. Almost the same thing happened to my father and his friend 2yrs ago. But this one took place somewhere in Bicol. Anyway, lessons learned. We’re glad that they were able to go home alive. Thanks for posting.

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 08:10:53 AM »
There are always 4 or more elements to execute the scam (I know that Troubleshooter is much adept on this).

1.   The scammers will get your sympathy before the actual buying
2.   They will plot something to make you scare of them being offended
3.   They have a diversionary tactics so that your attention will waive from focus
4.   They have a counter-action on your test for the authenticity of the bar (On Nitric Test - they have a ready water, etc)
5.   They have more than 3 companions which will make their presence be aware to the buyer so to scare or divert their attention.

Basic SUGGESTED steps to counter measure their tactics

1.   Never show the seller that you are very eager in the trade (Have an I don't care appearance)
2.   Never transact a deal in their own bailiwick
3.   Prepare a counter action on their possible diversionary actions
4.   ALWAYS carry a side arms, unknown to the seller. (Make the buyer aware that you are armed but show him that you will leave it on your vehicle but secretly pocket one that could easily pulled just in case)
5.   Bring a trusted companion that could be depended in any eventuality
6.   Always take a position 3 meters away from your companion and take a 1:2 man ratio. Your companion should know which one to observe while you have your too. Your companion (if you are only two) shall take the 60 degrees observation point while you have the window of 30 degrees; If you are all 3, you take the dealing focus while the 2 will have the rest of observation point
7.   Never be out of focus, the environmental scanning should be the task of your companion
8.   Prepare a pre-designed signals. Use stones, cigarettes, etc as signal
9.   Never let the seller turn his back on you because if you do, that could be your end as he could be pulling a gun while his back is on you.
10. Always practice how to get out alive from the worst case scenario. Have drills before hand
11. ALWAYS CALL TROUBLESHOOTER FOR ADVICE, or much better, BRING HIM ALONG. :D :D :D (Kuyang your services is badly needed)

I was also advised on these and made it alive 3x from 3 different scammers. I could admit that I did not gain any cent in all the 3 deals but we made it alive and kicking and one of those scammer is now permanently confined in a wheelchair for a bullet in the lower spinal column (I never did the shooting), case is dropped for humanitarian consideration.

It is always said that after a transaction, it is much better that you are to be followed by a cop than to be followed by a priest. :D :D :D

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:44:21 AM by DINDO BAYAUA »

Offline admin

• Administrator
    • Southeast Asia Maritime Foundation
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 08:38:14 AM »
Junex143, yes, I also believe your story. Never trust those gold sellers because it seems that they are all up to no good!

DB, good advice. My advice is to never even give those fake gold sellers a chance to cheat or rob you. Never trust them. Never go to any private or secluded places with them. Even a Hotel room is NOT safe! Always meet in PUBLIC places only to discuss any kind of deals with them. NEVER bring money outside of the bank.

TW

Offline raquel_lyks

• Global Moderator
  • Viewing Who's Online.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 06:09:42 PM »
I hope there are no other VICTIM of those scamers, like what happen to my also relatives who is  a victim also of that D.. >:(   Beware to those scamers they will hypnotize your mind... >:( >:(

Raqz ;)
:) : Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together..:)

Offline Gener

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 10:34:30 PM »
There should be an OPEN MARKET establishment for precious metals in the country wherein everyone could join and sell or let anybody bid/bargain for their metals without prosecution from the law. The metal owner will be deducted accordingly based from accepted commissions which is much safer and risk-free. A safer environment will allow citizens/foreigners to have business in the country without thinking of being duped...

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 06:09:07 AM »
There should be an OPEN MARKET establishment for precious metals in the country wherein everyone could join and sell or let anybody bid/bargain for their metals without prosecution from the law. The metal owner will be deducted accordingly based from accepted commissions which is much safer and risk-free. A safer environment will allow citizens/foreigners to have business in the country without thinking of being duped...

Yes, that would be nice. Make it happen, Gener.  :)
TW

Offline raquel_lyks

• Global Moderator
  • Viewing Who's Online.
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 06:35:59 AM »
Excellent idea Gener.... I hope someday your the one or one of our fellow members here can establish that kind of business...

Raqz ;)
:) : Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together..:)

Offline Gener

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 06:58:11 AM »
Our lawmakers,Senators and Congressmans passed many bills/laws but most were futile and some are indeed disgusting (same sex marriage is the sample and about to be discussed) They made laws barring treasure hunters to proceed and forced them to deal on blackmarkets and in most cases,,,gullible scammers..Metal holders who dont have permits to sell are always in the horoscope and mostly snatched if proven acquired with out proper permit...No open market allows scams to manipulate that business and this hidden businesses are actually BIG!!!..In Nueva Vizcaya alone, Many forms of minerals/natural resources were seen hauled secretly out of the town and sold to chinese somewhere else on the ports mainly non finished products like Mine Tail pins (locally called LUYUT),Coal,Decorative Rocks,Logs,brass,copper,gold and even Guano! I found even in many countries some distinctive orchids and ferns only found in the tropical jungle of the Philippines and they were taken out of the country illegally..But if OPEN MARKET is present, all this illegitimate businesses will be plugged allowing the government to earn more tax..A legitimate treasure hunters working on the country specially those on the high seas can easily aqcuire funding from any foreign donors in any projects with out thinking of being duped (stress-free).....I wonder if i could still run in the senate and put that proposal into law.. :D ;D :D, The only problem is,,,treasure hunters hates politicians! ;D

Offline admin

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 07:26:50 AM »
Yup! That's exactly right, my friend! Gener sounds like you need to get in Congress and start kicking some serious butt there to make this happen. It's for the good of the country and everyone.
TW

Offline ghost

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 12:24:37 AM »
Sounds great IDEA sir Gener. But treasure hunters who would sell on these OPEN MARKET should be tax free if they sell it to the Government, which in turn the Government will use to boost its gold reserves, which is one factor in economics of a country. On the treasure hunter side, it will be the banks to charge the tax on their deposit/s so as not to have double taxation on the proceeds of the sale (of course it should be a government run bank so as not to be questioned on the huge amount). But first thing first, we really need a Senator on our RANKS to lobby this in.  ;)

Offline Gener

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 03:38:23 AM »
Ghost,
 You idea is right too as tax free but in the present government system,,It may not work as tax free,,maybe vat is not acceptable..If the government will think that they will not earn upon establishing free markets,,they may not proceed with it otherwise they may ask private entrepreneurs to adopt this form of business. Privatizing it will not be a good idea as it will surely manipulate the commodity prices overhead again barring buyers to participate..But if the government will have to hold it then all will be legalize accordingly and its protected by the law...A very minimal tax lets say 5-10% is not a sin to be deducted upon in exchange of peace of mind...You can also keep safe your commodity in the same institution waiting for the right price...
***If ever that i could not be able to have a seat in the congress,,,I guess all of us could bang their ears to listen on our very bright and realistic proposals... ;) :D ;D

Offline ghost

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 05:41:15 AM »
At least there is now a grass root proposal on this OPEN MARKET idea. Maybe somehow, there comes a time that the ball will roll on our tide. Yeah indeed, the Government will not allow it tax free but I agree on the minimal tax that they will impose since business is business, and really it should be protected accordingly with a very specific law regarding the flow and transaction of the commodity, thus giving us the security prior, during and after such business negotiation.
On the seat in Congress side, lets see on that sir, if we can find that Tunnel 8 in your backyard it will be a push through.  ;) ;) ;D ;D

DINDO BAYAUA

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 05:54:42 AM »
On the seat in Congress side, lets see on that sir, if we can find that Tunnel 8 in your backyard it will be a push through.

...and you will have to face a powerhouse townmate, the now last termed very powerful Governor.

Maybe I can start the proposal talk with my neighbor here next month after he comes home from Congress IF he will listen.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 05:56:52 AM by DINDO BAYAUA »

Offline ghost

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 06:18:45 AM »
Nice sir DB, that will be an initial step for us no matter what will be the outcome. At least we tried for now.