Author Topic: a ball with serial mark L-008-A with embossed cross star....what is it?  (Read 3279 times)

Offline wisdom

• "Seek knowledge from cradle to grave."
hello everyone,
A friend of mine asked me to make queries regarding a ball weighing approximately three and half kilos with serial mark L-008-A and an embossed cross star that his friend found. Does it have any value? Appreciate it very much.

Offline wisdom

Re: a ball with serial mark L-008-A with embossed cross star....what is it?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 12:19:37 AM »
. MY friend's friend said that it's somewhat made of metal, quite rusty. He cannot give further information for lack of knowledge. We are a neophytes when it comes to this thing. I for one thing is not a treasure hunter nor my friend or my friend's friend. It's pure luck that he stumbled on this thing. I was only asked because of my access on internet. We are just honestly soliciting expert opinions on this matter. (For the record, many treasures has been found in our place. Some backhoe operators doing their operations accidentally excavated gold bars along the creeks while some others excavated treasures while ditching for conveyance. There's even rumor that hunting yamashita treasures or japs has been the main reason for establishing the plantation in our place.).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:47:55 AM by t_hunter44 »

Offline Myres

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 05:40:59 PM »
Hello there. I really don't have an idea about it but it must be some sort of counterweight in determining the crude heaviness of items. Definitely not Japanese because they say they don't even have the letter "L" in their alphabet so much so that they always pronounce L with R. My humble opinion. :D

Offline wisdom

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 05:49:55 PM »
Oh...I see...what is it then? We are slightly hoping that it might have some value. Anyway, thank you for your opinion sir.It is very much appreciated....

Offline cool2002

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 10:55:43 PM »
i think this link may help you...
http://www.calce.umd.edu/TSFA/Hardness_ad_.htm

who knows, something might be inside that metal....