Author Topic: The Map  (Read 48248 times)

Offline zeeker

Re: The Map
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 07:35:42 PM »
what makes me ponder is that why Takahashi's name was written in english, while all others characters were in japanese?
continue the journey

t_hunter44

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 12:04:57 AM »
what makes me ponder is that why Takahashi's name was written in english, while all others characters were in japanese?
   Good question and I cannot blame you for wondering why Takahashi was written in English in a so called Japanese Map. I have seen a Genuine Map, in Satin  Cloth left to the Grandson of a well known Makapili(pro-Japanese Filipino turncoats) in the Cagayan Valley area and all the characters was All Japanese and the Grandson let me took pictures of it. I posted a portion of it once in this forum but I had to take it out as it attracted some unwanted attention.

Offline NORTHSTAR

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 01:24:09 AM »
 :)..Thanks for the information Sir Z,..That Big Rectangular Shape,..That was the priority target,..It was hit at 24 ft. but  its
difficult due to the Water Trap,..It was Located in Front of the Dolores Farm Resort,....Thanks for all the information im sure
Sir Z,..You know how to interpret Katakana,Hiragona and Kanji Words.. ;) ;) ;)

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 02:40:04 PM »
:)..Thanks for the information Sir Z,..That Big Rectangular Shape,..That was the priority target,..It was hit at 24 ft. but  its
difficult due to the Water Trap,..It was Located in Front of the Dolores Farm Resort,....Thanks for all the information im sure
Sir Z,..You know how to interpret Katakana,Hiragona and Kanji Words.. ;) ;) ;)

Just trying to be helpful, anytime.

Z

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 02:41:45 PM »
There is a cork that can be dropped to stop the water coming from the river.  Find the cork, drop the stone and the water will slow down considerably.

Z

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 03:01:39 PM »

When it comes to maps there are always unanswered questions.  In south Mindanao we spent a year and half cutting into a vault, below water table and located under a public street, had to angle into it.  In side we found a lot of dead Japs, and a hidden well for lack of a better command post.  There was only furniture in the room, covered with a canvas tarp, two large steel boxes of mercury, that we sold to the illegal miners in Cotabato and a anti-magnetic safe.  That dam safe was near impossible to cut open.  A torch would not work, just made the steel glow and spit.  Finally had to cut it open by heating up spots and using a cutting chisel and sledge hammer to cut it open.  Heat a spot, cut a spot, over and over and over.  Had to keep dowsing it with water to keep anything inside from overheating.  Finally got it open.  A bunch if Imperial and Military documents and a hand drawn map of another military installation.  The map depicted the burial vault with boxes of gold.  The map was in Kanji but the name of the town where the military camp was in was in English, same hand writing style as Kanji.  That town still exists and is located some 80km from the vault we went into.

So go figure.  All Japanese officers were trained to some English Prior to December, 1941.  After 12-1941, the teaching of English was specifically banned.

In another tunnel in South Mindanao, we dug for a year, went past a few explosive boobie traps, lost a few men.  Then past a ceremonial burial of three Japs.  THEN to a cement layer.  Impressed in the cement layer was the impression of a Japanese field bugle, and , the word " Kamabuchia ".  This was drawn either with a stick or finger in the cement.  Note it was in English.  After punching the cement layer we came upon  a vertical stack of fuel drums with a anti-sub depth charge rigged with two pistons.  Below all of that was a vault cut into the hard rock.  So the word Kamabuchia roughly translates in several ways.  One is a great noise and the other is a great store house.  The vault was the great store house and the bugle and depth charge with fuel drums was definitely a great noise.  When we first saw the word in English I was very puzzled.  But it took us about close to two years to get to that point so I know it was not made recently.

Z

Offline zeeker

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 11:09:46 PM »

When it comes to maps there are always unanswered questions.  In south Mindanao we spent a year and half cutting into a vault, below water table and located under a public street, had to angle into it.  In side we found a lot of dead Japs, and a hidden well for lack of a better command post.  There was only furniture in the room, covered with a canvas tarp, two large steel boxes of mercury, that we sold to the illegal miners in Cotabato and a anti-magnetic safe.  That dam safe was near impossible to cut open.  A torch would not work, just made the steel glow and spit.  Finally had to cut it open by heating up spots and using a cutting chisel and sledge hammer to cut it open.  Heat a spot, cut a spot, over and over and over.  Had to keep dowsing it with water to keep anything inside from overheating.  Finally got it open.  A bunch if Imperial and Military documents and a hand drawn map of another military installation.  The map depicted the burial vault with boxes of gold.  The map was in Kanji but the name of the town where the military camp was in was in English, same hand writing style as Kanji.  That town still exists and is located some 80km from the vault we went into.

So go figure.  All Japanese officers were trained to some English Prior to December, 1941.  After 12-1941, the teaching of English was specifically banned.

In another tunnel in South Mindanao, we dug for a year, went past a few explosive boobie traps, lost a few men.  Then past a ceremonial burial of three Japs.  THEN to a cement layer.  Impressed in the cement layer was the impression of a Japanese field bugle, and , the word " Kamabuchia ".  This was drawn either with a stick or finger in the cement.  Note it was in English.  After punching the cement layer we came upon  a vertical stack of fuel drums with a anti-sub depth charge rigged with two pistons.  Below all of that was a vault cut into the hard rock.  So the word Kamabuchia roughly translates in several ways.  One is a great noise and the other is a great store house.  The vault was the great store house and the bugle and depth charge with fuel drums was definitely a great noise.  When we first saw the word in English I was very puzzled.  But it took us about close to two years to get to that point so I know it was not made recently.

Z

thanks for that info z.

zeek
continue the journey

Offline franke

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 04:53:47 AM »
Th friends map holder.

Please check if you have this map. P.M. me if you have this one.

Landmarks: 6 big trees, a culvert, and a Cave. Maybe I can help you.

Thanks.

Offline margaha

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 09:54:25 AM »
The owner of one of our site was just a child when the war broke out. His father told him that before the war, 4 japanese ships landed at harbor which is about a few meters away from their land. According to his father, the Japs where doing mining activities in their land before the war.

After the war, in early 60's he was in high school that time, japanese engineers came back to the place and drawn a map. The engineers knows english and tagalog as they were talking one of them says "We will come back and we will work together, that's for sure". But, they never came back not even until today.

Give Me your hand. No matter what deeds you have done, I will alight upon you.

Jesus Christ

Offline yamideo

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 04:33:55 PM »
English language in the map? They don't really have problems with english.

Prince Chichibu (秩父宮雍仁親王 Chichibu-no-miya Yasuhito Shinnō?, 25 June 1902 – 4 January 1953), also known as Prince Yasuhito, was the second son of Emperor Taishō and a younger brother of the Emperor Shōwa.
On 26 May 1922, Emperor Taishō granted his second son the title Chichibu no miya and the authorization to start a new branch of the imperial family. In 1925, the Prince went to Great Britain to study at Magdalen College, Oxford. While in Great Britain King George V decorated Prince Chichibu with the Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order. Prince Chichibu had a reputation as an outdoorsman and alpinist during his stay in Europe.

Masaharu Homma, Japanese military administrator / Japanese Military Commander of the Philippines
Homma was born on Sado Island, in the Sea of Japan off Niigata Prefecture. He graduated from the 14th class of the Imperial Japanese Army Academy in 1907, and from the 27th class of the Army Staff College in 1915.
Homma had a deep respect for, and some understanding of, the West, having spent eight years as a military attaché in the United Kingdom, including combat service in France in 1918 with the British Expeditionary Force.

Tomoyuki Yamashita, After graduating from the 18th class of the Imperial Japanese Army Academy in 1905, Yamashita joined the Army in 1906 and fought against the German Empire in Shantung, China in 1914. He attended the 28th class of the Army War College, graduating sixth in his class in 1916. He married Hisako Nagayama, the daughter of retired General Nagayama in 1916. Yamashita became an expert on Germany, serving as assistant military attaché at Bern, Switzerland and Berlin, Germany from 1919–1922.
On his return to Japan in 1922, Yamashita served in the Imperial Headquarters and the Staff College. While posted to the Imperial Japanese Army General Staff, Yamashita unsuccessfully promoted a military reduction plan. Despite his ability, Yamashita fell into disfavor as a result of his involvement with political factions within the Japanese military. As a leading member of the "Imperial Way" group, he became a rival to Hideki Tōjō and other members of the "Control Faction". In 1928, Yamashita was posted to Vienna, Austria, as the military attaché.
In 1930, Colonel Yamashita was given command of the elite 3rd Imperial Infantry Regiment. After the February 26 Incident of 1936, he fell into disfavor with Emperor Hirohito due to his appeal for leniency toward the rebel officers involved in the attempted coup.

Offline zeeker

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2012, 11:58:32 PM »
The owner of one of our site was just a child when the war broke out. His father told him that before the war, 4 japanese ships landed at harbor which is about a few meters away from their land. According to his father, the Japs where doing mining activities in their land before the war.

After the war, in early 60's he was in high school that time, japanese engineers came back to the place and drawn a map. The engineers knows english and tagalog as they were talking one of them says "We will come back and we will work together, that's for sure". But, they never came back not even until today.

who knows, they already came back w/o your knowledge  ;D
continue the journey

Offline franke

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 03:48:49 AM »

Margaha/Zeeker,

Definitely does not a real reason, why they never came back as what of their plan and coming back w/o the knowledge of the land owner, instead they are more careful after they learned that somebody also interested of the hidden treasure.

Offline margaha

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 03:55:14 AM »

The area is very close to his house Zeek and no one is allowed to touched that site except our group...

Jesus Christ

Offline margaha

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 04:04:50 AM »
I think the real reason could be the late president marcos. I have 1 of his men is working with us. He was given the map of the island to survey the area but unfortunately because of edsa revolution the plan did not pushed thru.  It will be his gift to us once he retires.

Jesus Christ

Offline franke

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 04:17:19 AM »
I think the real reason could be the late president marcos. I have 1 of his men is working with us. He was given the map of the island to survey the area but unfortunately because of edsa revolution the plan did not pushed thru.  It will be his gift to us once he retires.

Margaha,

Where is that island? hehe..hopefully not my island and if that 1 of your men is still connected to marcoses, then it's a gift of your group and soon you recover more if he is not loyal to marcos.