Author Topic: Steel Drum  (Read 9225 times)

Offline ZOBEX

Steel Drum
« on: September 18, 2013, 02:04:46 AM »
Well here is a new one today.  Steel drum in size and shape of a 50 gal fuel drum but is of a nickel silver type of material.  The smooth lid is held on by a compression band that is clamped down with a couple of toggle arms and the arms are now or were spot welded down so as to prevent normal release and opening of the drum.  Breaking off the welded arms and popping the lid, the drum is filled with a green powder.  Scorifying dish burn shows there is no metallic substance in the powder.  The powder smells of cordite or explosives though it is not combustible and is an irritant to skin contact.  The drum seems excessively heavy.  Cant tip or roll it over.  Not having a chem suit here, not smart to continue to mess with the powder.  The powder does not seem to equate to the drum's weight.  Also in the cave is the biggest pile of XXX or high speed Babbitt I have ever seen in my life.  The pyramid is huge.  So far up in the mountains any further it will be back down.  Babbitt not worth bring it down.

So what is the green powder???  A toxic trap for something else under it ?????  Today's puzzle.  Now for a few beers.

Z

Offline ZOBEX

Re: Steel Drum
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 10:44:48 PM »
Mystery solved.  Many tons of refined Manganese ore.  Valuable to the Japanese but for our purpose worthless.  About the same for the Babbitt.

Z

Offline zeeker

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 12:27:08 AM »
Mystery solved.  Many tons of refined Manganese ore.  Valuable to the Japanese but for our purpose worthless.  About the same for the Babbitt.

Z

but you can still sell them i guess.....
to the japanese
then they will ask where you got them :)
continue the journey

Offline : Michael-Robert: Embry.

• Golden Lily Treasure, Yamashita Treasure, Kin no yuri
  • Historical Recovery SpeNothingt.
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 02:13:41 AM »
Z,

You in Bohol or Luzon?
There are no ancient secrets to decoding the past, there is only great research and applied logic.

A living soul, Sui Juris, Jus Soli
Without Prejudice, Without Recourse
All rights retained.

Notice to agents is notice to principal, Notice to principal is notice to agents.

UCC 1-308 & 1-103.

Offline HABAGAT

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 02:18:44 AM »
Sir Z,
Can you provide a picture please...

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 04:06:22 AM »

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 04:07:33 AM »
Sir Z,
Can you provide a picture please...

Give me a bit of time, trying to handle DENR way out with it.

Offline nemie

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 12:38:06 AM »
let me share almost the same story i heard from my father when he visited in datu kawilan bukidnon to where they went for tree planting, a huge acacia tree was on top of the hill and underneath its root he noticed a cement like very big stone. a cave entrance is located approx at the middle of the hill when he and the bagobo guide entered they saw a silver looking drum upon opening they saw it is full of green like powder, they also seen files of gold like bars arranged systematically. on his analysis the big cement like stone above the hill serves as weight that a wrong move of taking any bar would collapse the whole cave. the chieftain of the tribe told him that his father the late datu kawilan was one of those who buried the bars, after burying the japanese executed them, the late datu rolled over the hill then hide so the japanese would'nt see him. according to him the late datu brought him to the site sometime in 1980's they protected the area according to him, the late datu died in 1996. my father have not able to return to datu kawilan's place because he had an accident, until now he couldn't walk normally.

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 11:23:23 AM »
let me share almost the same story i heard from my father when he visited in datu kawilan bukidnon to where they went for tree planting, a huge acacia tree was on top of the hill and underneath its root he noticed a cement like very big stone. a cave entrance is located approx at the middle of the hill when he and the bagobo guide entered they saw a silver looking drum upon opening they saw it is full of green like powder, they also seen files of gold like bars arranged systematically. on his analysis the big cement like stone above the hill serves as weight that a wrong move of taking any bar would collapse the whole cave. the chieftain of the tribe told him that his father the late datu kawilan was one of those who buried the bars, after burying the japanese executed them, the late datu rolled over the hill then hide so the japanese would'nt see him. according to him the late datu brought him to the site sometime in 1980's they protected the area according to him, the late datu died in 1996. my father have not able to return to datu kawilan's place because he had an accident, until now he couldn't walk normally.

Yes, same steel drums, either stainless or some kind of cupero-nickle material, filled with granular to powder manganese ore mined in the PH.  Since this was mined in the PH we are cautious how to handle an export.  Possibly be enough to make it profitable to export but the DENR will ask a lot of questions the minute anyone sees the drums and start asking where it came from.  There is also a lot of zinc anode bars made up to bolt onto ships.  So I will hold back on the pics but will post a video of a mountain of high speed Babbitt bars.  Those make good bullets.

Z

Offline : Michael-Robert: Embry.

• Golden Lily Treasure, Yamashita Treasure, Kin no yuri
  • Historical Recovery SpeNothingt.
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 12:33:20 AM »
Looking forward to the video or pics....
There are no ancient secrets to decoding the past, there is only great research and applied logic.

A living soul, Sui Juris, Jus Soli
Without Prejudice, Without Recourse
All rights retained.

Notice to agents is notice to principal, Notice to principal is notice to agents.

UCC 1-308 & 1-103.

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 08:50:17 PM »

A video of the "" Babbitt "" bars is 13MB, youtube is still queuing the video on upload.  Maybe it will get there, who knows.  I am guessing it is about 100 metric tons.  The tunnel mouth is a ramp up like a pyramid but is hard to tell how far back it goes at the top, the tunnel is filled in with bars.  It's one big sucker for sure.  Wish it was gold !!!!!!!!!!!!  Hey it must be a Golden Lilly of lead bars.  It's all American and XXX which is originally what was called High Speed Babbitt , that's what the 1930-40's XXX mark means.  But it no doubt was meant for Japanese bullets.  I know it casts up making some very nice reload ammo.

We took the video about 10 days ago.  I came back to USA after that.

Holding back the video on the steel drums pending what we can haggle out with the DENR.

Z

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 10:50:29 PM »

A video of the "" Babbitt "" bars is 13MB, youtube is still queuing the video on upload.  Maybe it will get there, who knows.  I am guessing it is about 100 metric tons.  The tunnel mouth is a ramp up like a pyramid but is hard to tell how far back it goes at the top, the tunnel is filled in with bars.  It's one big sucker for sure.  Wish it was gold !!!!!!!!!!!!  Hey it must be a Golden Lilly of lead bars.  It's all American and XXX which is originally what was called High Speed Babbitt , that's what the 1930-40's XXX mark means.  But it no doubt was meant for Japanese bullets.  I know it casts up making some very nice reload ammo.

Holding back the video on the steel drums pending what we can haggle out with the DENR.

Z

Well here is a video taken about 10 days ago.  Wow, a Golden Lilly of lead !!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqMq4lgy9eA&feature=youtu.be

Now if this was gold I would be jumping up and down.

Z

Offline zeeker

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 08:09:32 PM »

A video of the "" Babbitt "" bars is 13MB, youtube is still queuing the video on upload.  Maybe it will get there, who knows.  I am guessing it is about 100 metric tons. The tunnel mouth is a ramp up like a pyramid but is hard to tell how far back it goes at the top, the tunnel is filled in with bars.  It's one big sucker for sure.  Wish it was gold !!!!!!!!!!!!  Hey it must be a Golden Lilly of lead bars.  It's all American and XXX which is originally what was called High Speed Babbitt , that's what the 1930-40's XXX mark means.  But it no doubt was meant for Japanese bullets.  I know it casts up making some very nice reload ammo.

Z

that's still worth a fortune if you can sell them :)
continue the journey

Offline Deanosanjuan

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 04:05:06 PM »
If those  nickel Babbits are pure lead then Those pile of bars could worth a fortune... if they are Low Alpha Lead :D (from the net ... "Lead apparently loses alpha particles over a long period of time. It's very sought after by the electronics industry, for use in solder for circuit boards etc. The lower the alpha emissions from the lead, the more desirable it is, hence the high prices."