Author Topic: Strange, Strong Smell at 50-55 FT  (Read 33363 times)

enochsea7

Strange, Strong Smell at 50-55 FT
« on: May 30, 2018, 06:58:13 PM »
The diggers have said they can not continue digging because of a very powerful odor they suddenly smelled at the bottom of the hole. They described it as being very acidic, almost like vinegar. Now they have been sick with a fever for several days. They are very healthy individuals, young and well built. This seems really strange, like it could be the result of poison. Has anyone experienced the same thing or have any information about what it could be?

enochsea7

Re: Strange, Strong Smell at 50-55 FT
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 07:02:28 PM »
They can barely breathe when at the bottom of the hole.

Offline Voyager

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 07:08:56 PM »
That's indeed very dangerous. Right away let them drink coconut milk or "gata".  If no effect after 2 to 3 hours, maybe you should bring them to a hospital.

You should be careful if your site SMELLS!!  If purely poison without smell of dead bodies, let them eat fresh coconut right after digging and tell them to wash their bodies.  Let them use mask with activated carbon. 

If your site has big flies around and smells it means there are dead bodies below.  Careful because they might develop big boils!!
I encountered such a site.  Since it had no water. I poured 3 liters gasoline and 3 liters used oil and presto the smell wag gone after lighting it.  My diggers just ran away after hearing a long whistle which lasted for about 5 minutes while the fire was burning!!  To this day I never knew what caused it.  Maybe trapped gasses.

If your site has water and smell, let them apply coconut oil (mantika) before going down. 

V

Offline kaloy

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 09:43:10 PM »
just my idea:
if the site is poisoned or booby trapped, there is no commodity in there.
simple, the japanese will be poisoned too when they retrieve it...
 it could be a dump site or storage of chemicals maybe.
 might be a garrison, and garrisons were not loaded.  ;)

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 01:55:54 AM »
just my idea:
if the site is poisoned or booby trapped, there is no commodity in there.
simple, the japanese will be poisoned too when they retrieve it...
 it could be a dump site or storage of chemicals maybe.
 might be a garrison, and garrisons were not loaded.  ;)

If a site is of notable size, it WILL be booby rigged.  The black tar on the bars contains a poison that has no antidote.  Cyanide gas traps ( glass cylinder of cyanide powder with a glass cylinder of acid, smashed by a spring trip hammer ) water trap for flooding to make it difficult.  Rock fall trap to collapse on diggers sealing the tunnel, aerial bomb with modified fuse for trip wire or pressure pin, anti-tank land mine with a set-trigger pin ( quarter inch travel ) hand grenade with modified pin with cross pin to trip wire or pressure on step or wall, I can go on.  IJA were not worried because all of these can be de-activated if you know what they are and the maps give instructions.  Besides a lot of slave labor was used in setting them up and at the time the IJA planed on returning with lots of slave labor.  Send in a slave and set off the trap.  After the trap is triggered killing the slaves, send in more slaves to pull out the dead.

As it was done.

Z

Offline kaloy

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 04:17:02 AM »
just my personal belief nowadays. 8)
 maybe im wrong. have no experience on big sites and maybe because of  variation of style of concealment. visayas and mindanao may have those types of sites. not heard such site in the north (as far as i know). well, authors claimed that tunnel 8 is heavily trapped but not yet verified. yes i heard lots of those from respected ths and authors of books.. many have experienced those traps and some ths have lost their lives. my point is, the commodity is at some distance from those traps and not directly under those traps but then again i might be wrong because im not the one who planned and concealed it. just my personal idea and just an idea. ;)

enochsea7

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 09:24:27 AM »
Thanks for everyone's knowledge/opinions. The diggers have recovered from their fever. But say they can not go more than 10 ft down in to a hole that is already 51 ft deep. The smell is just too overwhelming. They described it as a strong chemical like smell. The dowsing rod crosspoints of the object form a rectangle measuring 7 ft x 1.5 ft. Gold and diamonds. After many failed attempts to dowse depth accurately, a new method was used which provided a depth of 65 ft. Whether this methods accurate or not I have no idea. It seems to make sense that an object of this size/value would have at least some type of deterrent in place. Just hoping it's not anything fatal. Thanks again

Offline fom1113

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 11:18:28 AM »
Poison is standard in every positive site but in our experience we encounter the same situation about 7 feet before reaching the top of the vault but the posion has no effect because the airduct of blower was at the top of the heads of diggers while working. Digging without this always ignored blower in most of operations means SUICIDE. Our digging rules no blower no digging... Brownout? No work for the day... Digging in some shallow holes up to 8feet is acceptable without air support but not on those 4 meters or deeper holes.
Failures made them perfect yet perfect are generous to make themselves masters of their knowledge!

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 12:42:37 PM »
Poison is standard in every positive site but in our experience we encounter the same situation about 7 feet before reaching the top of the vault but the posion has no effect because the airduct of blower was at the top of the heads of diggers while working. Digging without this always ignored blower in most of operations means SUICIDE. Our digging rules no blower no digging... Brownout? No work for the day... Digging in some shallow holes up to 8feet is acceptable without air support but not on those 4 meters or deeper holes.

When we were working ( but I have quite ) we always used blowers.  Use a high pressure centrifugal blower hooked to 3 inch plastic sewer pipe.  Easy to add sections on as you work.  I remember one site we opened it was not so much clean air, it was the acid in the soil.  That was so bad we were forced to quit the site.  It went through everything we had.  Because it was wet, there was no way of getting away from it.  When it worked through rubber gloves and boots, it killed off the skin and it was sloughing off our hands and feet.  I would need like 50 bags of baking soda to neutralize that and this is something just not available in the PH.  That was the site full of bad spirits that kept occupying people.  A lot of girls were raped and then buried on the property, it was Korean-Japanese troops there.  A really bad site.  We quit after the running into the acid.  Did find ammo, blades and helmets on the way down plus some pre-ww2 coins.

The IJA could use slave labor and when the slaves would collapse, pull them out and bring in more slaves.  That is how the IJA worked.

Z

Offline kaloy

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 07:10:06 PM »
what i have learned in the past 15 years of thunting:
if i just believed the pragmatic approach of the west, i might have avoided those fruitless diggings.
we call them skeptics, they laughed at every odd-shaped rocks posted as treasure marker, they make fun of the word yamashita into "yamaSHITa", they branded japanese thunting as an urban legend, etc etc.,
i found out that almost all of them are telling the truth.
i should have believed them when they said that it is not possible for the japs to dig intricate tunnel system because it is war time (except those existing tunnel that they utilized), i might be like mang jose who dug a trash pit and found a box of gold.
i should have believed them when they have said that the marker i posted is not a marker, because after all, the japs are not dumb to place a marker on something that is highly concealed, hoping that only them could notice it.
etc etc
 ;D
#throwback
#unseeminglytrue

Offline fom1113

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 07:27:49 PM »
Sir Zobex you stumbled to a treasure burial site badly trapped with poison. Although some sites like small cache locations are not trapped with poisonous chemicals but the effect of rotten organic element mixed in the backfill would produce a dangerous gas enough to kill human specially in a small hole. The reason why air support is a requirement in every digging.

If you accidentally dug a spot whith backfill intentionally mixed with poison that is because you are at the area of big load. 
Those smaller cache around are much easier to deal with.
Failures made them perfect yet perfect are generous to make themselves masters of their knowledge!

Offline fom1113

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 08:46:56 PM »
Bro Kaloy you just nailed it. Well said!

Way back 2008 when we reached the vault at 11 meters in a site in South Luzon our teamates including 2 engineers argued on that black huge rounded cement that looks like just embedded in the thick gray layer. The concrete was as extreme as metal, no way for us to open it. To my surprise most of the members of our team were skeptics that it was the vault itself. They argue that vault according to payo or suggestions from their friends is a square concrete or square metal box. Only one of the members an engineer and the site owner are the believer that it was a vault. To make the story short the team decision goes to the side of majority to look for another deposit deeper down only to find a surprising discovery at 27 meters depth. The load we discovered the second time was also a shapeless concrete 3 times as big as the first we found at 11 meters that the top of the vault became a stopover of every digger before going down. Some of them also slept there during breaktime. After few days the soil collapsed because one of the stubborn digger receiving info from outsiders accidentally punched a hole in the wall opening an extreme pressure of water that our 3 pumps unable to contain and that was the cause of soil collapse.

After few years several groups using their own gadgets attempted to deal to the site owner for them  to operate the site and to the surprise of our team all of the th groups proved that the load we discovered are positive. One time they invited a man with extraordinary telekinesis ability. After opening the gate the guy just said "oh my God you just dug so deep, there are 2 pointed metal standing at the flooring of your hole are those iron bars used? The 3 pumps are still there. That was a big volume deposit and you are almost there"... I was just smiling when they told me about tbat story last month when i visited the place.
In my experience if anyone of teammate have no respect to their technical guide the chance of recovery is slim. Stupidity also eats a big chunk of percentage to a project's failure. Our team is now reuniting to reopen the digging but i am just telling them its up to you guys.

Because of dozens of signs we found and soil layers and colorations that experience thaught me lot of secrets in TH and some of them can not be found in code books circulating in the net.

Offline ZOBEX

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 02:49:35 AM »
If you smell " rotten eggs " what you smell is hydrogen sulfide.  That comes from rotting organic aka flesh material.  Like dead people.  When flesh rots it releases hydrogen sulfide.

Z

Offline Yojuyo

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 03:40:29 AM »
Since it is 50-55ft It could also be just a natural methane.  In thus deep this gas sometimes occur.

Just a humble opinion from a former drilling crew.
" One FAILURE doens' t matter in the great scheme of life."

Offline kaloy

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 04:26:08 AM »
Since it is 50-55ft It could also be just a natural methane.  In thus deep this gas sometimes occur.

Just a humble opinion from a former drilling crew.

i agree...
maybe methane mixed up with nitrogen compounds because methane alone is almost odorless (i guessed so). cyanide whether organic or synthetic is a nitrogen compound. HCN

why it is hard to retrieve those commodities? it is because we are flooded with wrong infos.
even the japs are having hard time recovering. why do i say so, it is because the items are still buried and intact, should they have the right info all those big sites were already swept away like Yolanda. their data might have been turned into ashes 60 years ago in Nagasaki and Hiroshima.